New module!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigBrewtus said:
We need a Vernon Reid module!!!!
Who is with me?

I think it'd be cool to have some new modules, but Vernon Reid has the worst tone I've ever heard. haha

+1 on the Vernon Reid module idea. I guess it would be sort of a Recto sound, but maybe they could work with him on it and come up with something new.
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

Yeah... Vernon is all about the insane phrasing and syncopation. He might find his tone with the help of the R and D department@Randall. If they even have R and D anymore. :x
Sorry, just pissed that I haven't seen a legitimately "new" module for a long time.
Maybe a Crate Blue Voodoo module? :lol:

Daryl said:
Yeah... Vernon is all about the insane phrasing and syncopation. He might find his tone with the help of the R and D department@Randall. If they even have R and D anymore. :x
Sorry, just pissed that I haven't seen a legitimately "new" module for a long time.
Maybe a Crate module? :lol:

I'd buy a Crate Blue Voodoo module...I actually have a Blue Voodoo stack that I use for live shows...It was modded by Trace and the gang and Voodoo Amps and sounds really good...Very powerful...

Maybe a Line 6 module? Tubes modeling digital, now that would be interesting... :D

Or what about something that can use the MIDI to control preset changes within a single module to change channels, EQ, gates, etc...

That would be pretty cool Daryl! Although there would have to be some digital stuff added to the modules (I think) to make that happen...Then you run the risk of people saying MTS is just like Line 6 or whomever...But it would be awesome to save a few presets on my Mashall and switch between them via MIDI...Right now, the only option to do this is to buy multiples...And who wants to do that?

Good idea...I still am holding it for the sandwich module though...Especially for those nights of dope fueled questions... :lol:

The signal path could remain all tube and analog, but the control functions could be digital. That way the tone purists would not crap their pants or burn down the village over it. Do you remember the old Soldano X-99 preamp? It was all tube, but midi controlled and had motorized knobs. The control functions would be so ridiculously basic that a modern control chip and the subsequent electronics would be small and unobtrusive. I would not even care if it had motorized knobs or not. If it just had a simple 2 digit readout that lets you know what patch you have active that would be fine. You would only have 99 locate points, oh no. Between the 4 modules on an RM4, that would be 396 presets!!! Maybe have Anthony@Salvation do an X-99 module, with motorized knobs.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
The X-99 was way ahead of it's time.
http://www.soldano.com/new/x99.html

If servos were used, the motorized knobs could be very reliable. Relatively more expensive than pots, but milspec servos would be very reliable.

Imagine it...A "Rack of Delight" will all motorized knobs...A million presets...All at your footcontroller's disposal.
Yeah...I know...Fuqing overkill...:lol:

whatever happened to the Scott Ian module... sorry I got out of trhe loop on that one but it sure sounded like a great idea.

Daryl said:
If servos were used, the motorized knobs could be very reliable. Relatively more expensive than pots, but milspec servos would be very reliable.

Imagine it...A "Rack of Delight" will all motorized knobs...A million presets...All at your footcontroller's disposal.
Yeah...I know...Fuqing overkill...:lol:
You guys are going so unbelievably off topic :lol: I love it!

I think it's like this: The X99 had presets to do away with having to have multiple channels.
It's a whole other platform..
Also, yes "overkill" is the word :) Technically I love it, but practically ... I'm already going crazy with one RM4, GSP, MX200, RT2/50! :shock:

That said: I have this rig for live use.
I can see that in the studio you would actually use this.
Although there's an alternative there: pen, paper .. fingers ;) Ya lazy *******! :lol:

By the way, you have the calculation wrong ;)
99 states per knob right?

One module = 99x99x99x99x99 = 9509900499 possible settings
4 modules = 9509900499 x 9509900499 x 9509900499 x 9509900499 ..

Well, after programming my Pro Q EQ unit to be fully MIDI switchable I think I have more different tones than I could ever even explore...It's a nice and inexpensive way to add versatility, that's fo' sho'!

OK, getting back to the Vernon module... :wink:

FYI - Vernon is using MTS and Trace at Voodoo is modding his modules. There is a thread on it somewhere around here. Trace has 8 stock modules he is modding for him.

KillTone said:
FYI - Vernon is using MTS and Trace at Voodoo is modding his modules. There is a thread on it somewhere around here. Trace has 8 stock modules he is modding for him.

thats very interesting

khingpynn said:
KillTone said:

thats very interesting
You talking about this link: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=74916&highlight=vernon+reid#74916
Vernon_Reid_Modules.jpg