Lovin my self modded Brahma and LB50.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StratmanR2S

Reaction score
The stock Brahma is just way to bright. It seems to be based on a Plexy bright channel. One of my mods was to put a small pot in series with the cap in that circuit so I could dial in just the right amount of brightness just like I do with my old Marshall by blending both of its channels.

The rest basically was to use similar types and values of caps that are used in a Plexy. I used Mojo Honey Dijon caps and I am very happy with the results. I've been using it now for a few months in different playing situations and the Brahma is now my go to module for rhythm.

Now Loving My Lynch Box Combo. I'm using a Mr Scary for lead ( no mod needed on this one) and now with my new killer sounding Brahma this is the coolest combo on the planet. I gave my Carvin V3 combo to my son and I don't regret not going with the Mesa I was thinking of getting any more( Stiletto combo). I also have finished my matching 112 extension cab in green crock with a Greenback in it for when I need a bit more out of it.

Diggin the Randall.

No, sorry no clips at the moment. Gonna be doing a demo with my new songs though early next year. I'll get some up then.

In my Brahma mod I think the thing that made the biggest difference was the pot I added for the brightness control in series with C4 (You could just try a 400k ohm resister because that is where I have it set at), and changing the treble cap from 47pf to 220pf and R25 to 56k which are the original Marshall values.

Oh, and I actually did mod my Mr Scary module. I installed a Green L.E.D. in it. Now I can look back and see different colors when my channels are changed.

I'm surprised (actually disappointed) that more people on this site aren't into modding their own modules. Most posts are about which modder they are using instead of a community of people helping each other do it themselves.

StratmanR2S said:
I'm surprised (actually disappointed) that more people on this site aren't into modding their own modules. Most posts are about which modder they are using instead of a community of people helping each other do it themselves.

Speaking for myself, I lack both the knowledge and time to learn, barely have time to play :-/

I'm modding mine (with help from a friend). We just finished a real Vox AC30TB with that crazy Vox tone-stack, though we gave it a little more gain similar to a Matchless DC-30. Next we're going to make a Matchless Chieftain. These mods are rather extreme due to the fact the the tone-stacks are somewhat unique so cutting traces is required.

We essentially just follow the original schematics as much as possible within the module's basic framework, and then we tweak etc.

We also built our own powered RM2 as well.

Great idea with your Marshall mod, thanks!

I agree that it's really easy to mod these MTS style modules since they just pop out of the chassis, can be torn down in a minute or two, and the majority of the wiring is already done for you!

Have fun!

StratmanR2S said:

That's sounds cool. The MTS modules pop right out in seconds so you can try something and pop it back in way faster than an amp chassis. Its really made it fun.

I'm working on my KH-2 now, although it doesn't need much.