Super V & Brahma Mods - Will they ever surface?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a month ago, a Randall rep explained:

"You may or may not know that Randall has moved production a few times this year. The first was from overseas to the (delete name) factory and then we moved (delete name) down here to Illinois . Early last month it was decided that an outside electronics company would build part of the module (in the US so don?t get nervous) and we would finish the production here. All of these moves have been made to ensure the quality of the modules, and to make sure that once they leave the factory they work as they are intended. Unfortunately this means that the Super V and Brahma have been delayed numerous times. Also, these were the last two mods approved and that added to the time it has taken for us to get them to the players. Finally, it looks like we are on track to let these loose. Manufacturing is looking great and we should be filling all orders to dealers on the Super V and Brahma by the middle of February."

I inquired again a week or so ago, both about what the difference is between the Lynch Box and the RM100 and about the status of the other two Lynch modules:

"You are right on about the LB. It?s just a cosmetic and tube difference. For a short time we were going to have the Mercury Magnetics transformer but George likes the sound of the stock trans at louder volumes. Brahma and Super V?s- I think these are like unicorns, mythical, majestic (tone wise anyway), and nearly impossible to get your hands on.... This is just the long way of saying that they (ONCE AGAIN) should have been out by now and the date has been pushed back. Right now, I?m not sure when our manufacturer will be delivering these because they are behind schedule by almost a month..."

Brahma1.jpg

Thanks for the update...
I was really losing my enthusiasm for Randall after having a problem with the midi control board in my RM4 which let me down during a gig...and then the lack of meeting any deadlines on those last two modules...combined with the Randall web site never being updated (no word on what they wanted sound clips for....no mention of new modules...no Randall sound clips of even older modules like the UltraXL, etc...)...then my Randall Module bag I ordered from their website got lost and I had to prove I ordered it with my Paypal reciept...

It's starting to feel like when your parents tell you you're entire life they are taking you to Disney Land and never getting around to it until you're 15 and don't care anymore...

The midi board flakiness caused me to purchase a second RM4 as a backup...but I eventually ended up placing an order for an Egnater M4 which should arrive this week.

If nothing else, I'll end up with a 16 channel modular rig, but the idea of replacing my two RM4's with M4's hasn't left my mind yet...

I love the tone from the Mr. Scary and the Grail module is the only non-Mesa piece that actually sounds like a Boogie Recto to me. Those two modules alone will make me buy the Super V and Brahma IF they ever come out...and since I have all other modules except those, I can't have an incomplete collection now I guess...

I would have rather not known the modules were coming than to have this kind of anticipation.

Well, I was probably one of the first to put in my order for all of the Lynch gear almost a year ago. I also have the RM4--but I also have the Lynch box and the two Lynch modules... And today, the dealer that I ordered from called me to confirm my CC# for the other two modules so I'm hopeful that they will start to show up in stores in the next few weeks or so.

Can you all see the pic of the Brahma module that I posted in my first post in this thread? I can see it at home, but when I pulled this thread up at work, there was no sign of any photo posted there. :?

These last two modules are like watching "Lost"....
The promise of 'something' always seems around the corner, but just never seems to get anywhere...

I'm having a lot of delays with Randall here in Canada as well, been waiting for my modules for months. It's getting ridiculous, one of the JJ power tubes was blown right after I bought my RM100, and they still have yet replaced it. I also need the covers for gigging, nowhere in sight :evil:
It's getting to the point where you want to stick with the products, but you're totally pissed with all the crap. It's like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out :wink:
Tung

Tung said "I'm having a lot of delays with Randall here in Canada as well, been waiting for my modules for months. It's getting ridiculous, one of the JJ power tubes was blown right after I bought my RM100, and they still have yet replaced it. I also need the covers for gigging, nowhere in sight
It's getting to the point where you want to stick with the products, but you're totally pissed with all the crap. It's like having a hot girlfriend that won't put out ."

I hear ya bro I'm in Calgary and it's the same **** here. I've been waiting for months too.
I know this... I'm sick of hearing the Bullshit from Steve Baldwin.
This is all very very bad PR for Randall.
Then there is the tolex issues with bad glue.
Love the amp have really liked randall in the past but it's very taxing for my patience.

Khing

On the Lynch box or other Randall amp?

I ask this because when I recieved my LB there was a Randall combo sitting on the shop floor with severely bad tolex application. It had huge bubbles approx 6 inches round. I mentioned this here at this forum at the time. It gave me a bad feeling... sure enough the Lynch Box I got is not that bad but it has many areas on the head and cab where it is obvious that the tolex was not applied properly for whatever reason... bad glue, bad process... whatever. On the inside of the handles is also where this is evident it seems as though if i started pulling here I would stop at the point of a naked box! Well I like a naked box but not in this situation. I still have that to deal with aswell. I am calling Steven baldwin tomorrow as I am off and I'm going to get some of this **** off my chest.

Khing

khingpynn said:
On the Lynch box or other Randall amp?

I am calling Steven baldwin tomorrow as I am off and I'm going to get some of this s*&t off my chest.
Khing

Hey Khing, please let know how your conversation go with Baldwin. i like to know what he has to say, I was thinking about calling him myself.
T.

I'll let you know... I'm going to call him this morning.

The more pressure he gets the more likely better results we get in my mind.

Plus this kind of customer service is unheard of by a large manufacturer with a long history in the business and several BIG NAMES endorsing their products.

As far as I'm concerned... yes I feel the LB is one of the greatest amp concepts to come along in quite some time... hoever if I have to pay $$$ for bullshit like this Randall can have it back and I'll get one when they get their **** together.
Mr. Baldwin promised me all mods would be in my hands by mid Jan that was after two earlier promises of Christmas and late Dec early Jan.
He has said he would call back on specific days on each occasion that we talked but on each occasion I had to call after waiting a week... only to hear more empty promises. Last was the ... I'm going to the NAMN show and I'll get you something signed from there... and before that was... I'll send you a couple of shirts and some other swag... ALL BULLSHIT.

Craig

Thanks for keeping us informed Craig- but I think the LB is not selling that great so they are not in any hurry getting these modules out.

Hey man Lynch is great guitar player but I was shocked to see him with a signature amp...... maybe back in the mid 80's.. but still. Then again maybe Randall will have a Kirk Hammett signature amp-just cover an RM100 in black leather and call it The Black Box.

Sales numbers may not be up on these amps I'm not sure I do not have access to that information and no offence however in truth what you say ( mike - "I think the LB is not selling that great so they are not in any hurry getting these modules out ) about this is here say... though you could very well be right it still is not factual.

Signature sales of this nature can be that way anyways... for example I never saw a hole bunch of Dimebag Warheads around. However an endorsee can enhance the publics awareness ( overal ) of a companie's products. I may not buy the Warhead but I may by a economic 1x12 combo... because my fav player uses the brand.

For example ESP still carries the GL sigs... the classic 80's plus the newer developments... I'm sure that the Super V does not sell as well as the Kamikaze and I'm sure ESP reaizes the Super V's market share potential going into it before hand... regardless and as an example only... I'm sure ESP would not want the mess that Randall is in right now over any product... whether signature or not... whether sales are up or not...
ESP knows that a profile such as George lynch's is a good thing to have in your camp.

One thing is for sure... what is happening is a negative for Randall.

Khing

Mine is a lynch box, love the amp, just not happy with the cover peeling. Definetly let me know what you find out. I'm also gonna call the dealer and see if there is anything they can/will do. Thanks!!! Joe V

As for the previous speculation that the sluggishness with getting all of the Lynch MTS gear out having to with poor demand, well, that?s not it There are more people who want the stuff than have it so there is no demand problem. The problem, as has been previously discussed numerous times on this forum, has had to do with problems with some of the work being contracted out and the product quality was not consistent. Randall has since made significant changes in the who and where and the how production is being handled to include moving at least some of the overseas production stateside---but, as far as the customer base is concerned, the changes have not been fast enough. Hopefully, when everything shakes out, there will be awesome quality and consistent availability. In the mean time, yes, very frustrating.
Of course, George Lynch is one of the all time metal greats so it makes perfect sense that he would be a highly sought after endorser. His Genz Benz cabs are awesome?I have the 2 x 12 and there is really no other 2 x 12 that compares---HUGE sounding. Randall is lucky to have him. As far as GL being and endorser, well, it makes as much sense as Malmsteen, Satriani or EVH being an endorser. I would guess that George has played some role in the development of, or has had his name associated with more gear then anyone else although I?m sure that is arguable. He has been, and continues to be, one of the most highly sought after product endorsees/consultants among metal players. Not everything that he has been associated with bears his name, such as his role in the development of the Peavey XXX and Penta. The Peavey Penta was supposed to be a Lynch signature amp called the Peavey Brahma but apparently it was not up to GL?s standards. It?s too bad that his current endorsed product has been having availability problems. I think Randall is a great company and has great R & D, but there must be some issues on the management end because it really should not take this long to get the problems ironed out with production. They have great things going on and a bunch of new big names in the wings, but they need to get their production rear in gear.

Caine... well said. The conversation I last had with Steven Baldwin reflects what you said in regards to production issues. I was also told that their current producer is the third in ( approx ) 6 months... all this I have posted personally here at this forum in the past. At first I was told of a faceplate tweek by GL which caused some initial delay... all in all as a paying customer I want a high quality product but the wait is just too much.

Khing

Well, almost another month has passed since the last post here, so like a moron; I continue to wait for these modules to drop...
I'm not even asking WHEN again; cause I don't know that I care anymore...

The ONLY reason that I'll buy them when (IF) they do come out is so I can have the complete set of MTS modules. If it weren't for that, I'd probably let my interest drop enough to forget about them.....since it appears that Randall has forgotten about us....