Brahma/ BBE Green Screamer tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khingpynn

Reaction score
Here is the Brahma stock boosted with a BBE Green Screamer...
with a touch of chorus old school 80's style.

I recorded this track the other day with no overdubs it's a one off so there are some clams... hey I'm no George Lynch... LOL.

This is a similar tone to Under Lock and Key, the Second Lynch Mob disk and the DVD One Live night. Also with a small tweek it's Back for the Attack.

All comments welcome.

Gear Used

PRS CE22
Lynch Box
Zoom H4
BBE GS
Boss Chorus

http://www.guitarfromthegreengoo.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/ste-lynchjam0ne005.mp3.mp3

Nice playing, bro. there are some cool Lynch vibe for sure.
I don't know if it's the chorus or if you're getting some phasing problem in there, but some of the bent/vibrato notes had this weird out of phase sound to it.
T.

That was the chorus... I have it set for just a little depth at a low speed... I'm using a Boss CE-3... I'm using a stereo setting but running it mono... it's trippy at times... LOL

The core tone is very similar to the second Lynch Mob disk or some of the stuff off UL&K... like the Hunter.

The chorus was used back in the 80's quite a bit i just put a different spin on it here... or at least I tried to.

thanks for the feedback :wink:

nice clip,man! ...i use my BRAHMA boosted with a BBE Green Screamer pedal and i love it...this module ROCKS!!!

Dan that whole 80's chorus vibe is pretty cool... it was so overdone back then and I have not used it for years. The thisng is I was listening to Brian "too loud" Macleod the other day and heard a very nice chorus effect in his tone... i just had to give it a go again... after all these years I find the chorus to be very cool still.

I am going to have to give that a try. I use a "slight" bit of Flanger when playing on some songs but never tried the Chorus. I can see where it makes the note "sing" a little better.

khingpynn said:
. The thisng is I was listening to Brian "too loud" Macleod the other day and heard a very nice chorus effect in his tone... i just had to give it a go again... after all these years I find the chorus to be very cool still.
Craig,
I don't think our American bros here know who "Too loud" MacLeod is, dude. you talking Canadian here, bro :lol:
Yeah, he did have nasty things going with that first Headpins record. how about some Coney Hatch "Monkey Bars" 8)

Tung... LOL I hear ya bro... I was putting it out there to see who would know... I did'nt want to give too much away.

Brian is from my hometown... St. John's NF.
Producer, Drummer, Guitarist, Vocalist... Headpins, Toronto, Chilliwack, Chrissy Steele...

Are you a fan of Brian's?

I just picked up a Music Man 212 HD 130.. just like Brian used. Some of his recoreded and live tones are stellar.

I miss Brian's presance in Canadian Music... and like another very influential Canadian passed on... Dominic Triano... Brian is hugely under appreciated.

Here is some cool Brian 'Too Loud' Macleod stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzC_O_Zcu1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yahBtp_1jWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MifVhq4KIEE

Craig,
"Too Loud" was great, man. Underrated for sure. So, he was a NFie , eh? too funny! I came from Charlottetown when my family came to Canada, so I guess that makes me one too.
Dominic Triano was amazing when he used to do that Strat/Leslie speaker thing, great player too.

Great clip. I picked up the G Screamer recently and really like it. It has replaced my TS9.

I love my Green Screamer but I can't get tones like that out of the Brahma...I suck.

Nice tone and playage... :twisted:

Is that the LB cab (Super Vs?) too?

Yes thats the Lynch Box cab with SV's... I just stuck the Zoom H4 right in of the LB cab about 2 feet away and just off the centre of the top left speaker... it seemed to represent the tone pretty accuratly... maybe because when i jam that speaker is the one i tend to hear the most... closest to ear level and i usually angle my cabs a bit.

I hear you on the Green Screamer... TS9's allways have that mid hump thats cool but not for everything... it tires on me but I like the breakup they offer. The GS seems to have everything i like about the TS9 and everything i don't!

Thanks for the props on that one... I was just jammin out and havin some fun so I could get the tone to media.

A big part of the tone is the old Boss Chorus set for a small amount of everything... it add some movement and dimension that would otherwise not be there... you can here it most when I play the natural harmonics.

I was going for that thick fat tone tone that George has on the second Lynch Mob disk and One Night Live then I realized it's also in the same tone camp as songs like the Hunter... I know I have it right when the pull offs sound big and fat... LOL

The Brahma and GS are great together.

Cheers
Craig

does the green screamer cut bass like a ts-9? and also does any one know of stock od's that don't cut bass as well or as much i should say as the 808 and ts-9's

maximus1 said:
does the green screamer cut bass like a ts-9? and also does any one know of stock od's that don't cut bass as well or as much i should say as the 808 and ts-9's

The BBE Screamer does not cut the bass and it rocks :D

thankx bro, i 'm trying to go around buying something and getting it modded, i had my sd-1 modded for the cut and on comparison with the unmodded 808 and ts-9 it had alot more chunk but i like the clipping better on the 808 and ts-9, is a gs about identical to a ts-9 in that department?

maximus1 said:
thankx bro, i 'm trying to go around buying something and getting it modded, i had my sd-1 modded for the cut and on comparison with the unmodded 808 and ts-9 it had alot more chunk but i like the clipping better on the 808 and ts-9, is a gs about identical to a ts-9 in that department?

I never owned an original TS....only an SD-1 and a Keeley modded SD-1.

JKD said:
maximus1 said:

The BBE Screamer does not cut the bass and it rocks :D
******! Now I gotta get me a BBE Green Screamer........
*sigh*......tone chasin NEVER ends!!! 8)
Danno is out...