got my pete modded 1086!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintkilz

Reaction score
and holy hell does it smoke!

thanks to Dan(mailman1971) this thing is insane...was running a 31band eq in the loop, and no i dont really need to-still debating though if i WANT to...

love it love it love..bass switch on the gain knob, and the mid voicing is awesome...totally hear the difference, and cant decide which one i like more...ones high mid making me think marshally/slo kinda mid voicing..

the other is low mid emphasis like a mesa, yet has this fire to it like a marshall...i actually really like this one really deep thick and ballsy sounding.......and im finding im running my mids at noon or under!crazy!!!!

made a video earlier to help me capture some tones and think about what i like...ill post it tonight after work...

thanks again Dan..

and to Pete for the wonderful work he did on it for Dan...haha..

:D cool beans, glad you dig it!

Dan, when you're ready for another one, let me know. :D

okstrat said:
:D cool beans, glad you dig it!

Dan, when you're ready for another one, let me know. :D
Thanks Pete,
I am sure it will be in the near future. Still have my Lynch Box Head but sold all my modules to fund a SERIOUS Case of G.A.S :shock:
I am sure you guys know what I mean. I really want to check out one of your modded Recto or Treadplates one of these days.
Rock on!! 8)

i need to get that Orange channel mod for my Recto...since its a modded grail, im not so into the loss of gain...

there a way to get red and orange channels on the treadplate mod? or have you found any new things for the recto mod...i remember you sayin you got another recto for "research" purposes..just wondering if youve found anything new...

One of the good things that Pete did to that 1086 was actually made the "Mid scoop" side of the 1086 playable. When it was stock it just didnt sound right. But it has 2 DISTINCT tones capable of doing just about any type of metal out there.
And.......it sounds like a Chainsaw plugged into a distortion pedal!! (BUT very CLEAR) :D
I will say it again.....if you like the STOCK 1086.....you will FREAKING LOVE the Pete modded 1086.

"I am not a musician but I play one on TV"
Rock on!!! :twisted:

the grail sounds best boosted but i found that for me the treadplate stock with only the grail c3(0.0005) mod with my 808 outfront sounds best and with my set up sounds pretty close to the real thing. the resistor mod to get to the grail loses some gain, it was too much for me, along with the gain went some mean *** lowend and aggression it had stock

yeah i played it with your settings dan...i was a little confused..

i really liked the scooped tone, and i a mid booster and was running it outside of my safe zone...i havent gotten to play it with the band yet, so itll be badass if it still cuts through.....

just need to learn to close my eyes, and let the ears do the walking when setting the tone controls...

Thats a good rule of thumb on these modules. Have to dial in with your ears and not the eyes. That Presence and Depth makes a HUGE difference too on where I set the module up. Overall its kicking your @ss am I right? Dont leave it alone with your girlfriend....that 1086 TAKES NO PRISONERS!! :D

paintkilz said:
i need to get that Orange channel mod for my Recto...since its a modded grail, im not so into the loss of gain...

there a way to get red and orange channels on the treadplate mod? or have you found any new things for the recto mod...i remember you sayin you got another recto for "research" purposes..just wondering if youve found anything new...

Yeah, my orange mod works on all the recto/rectified/treadplate modules. It is NOT identical to the 'real' mesa, but is close... the whole idea was to get rid of the scoopiness and give it a vintage tone. IMHO, my 'orange' mod makes for easier soloing because it's a freakin' ton of mids, and it doesn't lose any gain over the red channel. Don't take my word for it, ask around the board for guys who have played them to give you their impressions.

Pete

paintkilz said:
i need to get that Orange channel mod for my Recto...since its a modded grail, im not so into the loss of gain

I keep reading about the "GRAIL MOD". where do I find this mod on here?
Jim.

so tell me, 1086 is my favorite but it lacks a bit of saturation sometimes. Is the tone the same or how has it changed?

That was my old module. tone remains the same but after Petes mod it REALLY brings it up in your face. Highly recommended!! :D

i feel the same about the 1086 and the rm100 as a whole and the high gain modules as well. for me this amp is kinda stiff and doesn't really saturate that well until its smokin loud and even then . i've tried every tube there is and all kind of mods and what not and i'm tired of tinkering so my opinion has come to this ( i only play high gain death metal and such so ) the amp sounds best with el34's the pt was designed for them and to me on this amp they yield plenty of bass and everything sounds nicely with them in there. secondly for high gain this amp needs a boost pedal/ overdrive outfront. you may not need it for the ultra's and the kh-3 but everything else to my ears sounds better boosted outfront. the amp overall is great and i haven't found a better amp for what i do but for me the el34 or e34l and a boost outfront have more than made me happy with this thing but its been a long trial an error process :wink:

Seriously, the more you guys go on about this module + the Turley mod, I'm starting to think it might replace my Ultra XL !!!

I'll have one by christmas, then with a sweet Pete mod, I know it's going to change everything !!