Your most listened to CD from 2010

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Reaction score
I'm always looking for something new to listen to and am wondering what your favourite cd from 2010 might be...you know...the one you can't take out of your car CD player. Mine has turned out to be Lynch Mob - Smoke and Mirrors. It might of come out about a year ago, but I didn't find it in the stores, here in Canada until early this year. Anyhow, I never get tired of it. What's your's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5TSj2C2bPQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZwI7tWYjgI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFu-6iYsnIU&feature=related

If you can...post a Youtube link for a song or two on the cd...

i listen to a lot of music...but the two that have come out this year that i listen to the most are Death Angel-Relentless Retribution and Soilwork-Panic Broadcast. Both great CD's. I also liked Dark Tranquillity's I am the Void, but haven't listened to that one as much. As far as all my music goes...i haven't focused on one particular album. I have been listening to my ipod on shuffle lately. I sometimes focus on a particular artist. Lately it has been SOAD, In Flames, and Winds of Plague.

Fats Domino - Box Set

I cannot believe how good his recordings are...I mean, it's perfect...His songs speak volumes and are still fun...There's plenty of material and it's been my number one CD set for years...

Lady Gaga -- The Fame Monster (explicit)

Okay, now I'm banz0rr3d from this site. But Alexi Laiho listens to this stuff.

Children of Bodom -- Skeletons In The Closet -- I know, but I like this album.

And a bunch of mixes I threw together of various genre.

Diana Krall, Cannonball Adderley, Miles Davis, Ella Fitzgerald, Ink Spots, "Blue Eyes", Bobby Darin, Aretha Franklin, The Four Tops, Rick James, Michael Jackson, Herbie Hancock, etc.

Ratt - Infestation. It brings back the 80s style metal, but has a 21st century vibe going. And the songs are more grown up so to speak. Now if the rest of the 80s posse could put out some CDs that are similar that would be great.

I grabbed Smoke & Mirrors. I like most of GLs tones on it, but most of the songs don't do a thing for me. I find I listen to it just to hear GL play.

I was looking through my iTunes and realized that i had only bought 2 new albums this year, War is the Answer from Five Finger Death Punch and Circus Colossus from Leverage. Both are awesome but my most listened to is still Savatage's Dead Winter Dead.

Peace, Joshua

Mister Joshua said:
...Both are awesome but my most listened to is still Savatage's Dead Winter Dead.
Peace, Joshua
DWD got's some cool stuff. I have hate love thing with Savatage... i don't think i care much for Paul O' Neill....

saw TSO a few years back.. just didn't work for me. amazing that TSO is so huge and Savatage is so small..

Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 absolutely has to be, for me, the greatest savatage work, they did a brilliant job.

Man,

I have been playing the @#$% out of several blues compilations and "Different Stages" from Rush.

Later!

Eat ME up Alive off Ratt's infestation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeIfv8cOKp8

It is a pretty solid CD.

CD's? Who listens to CDs anymore? Why don't we just break out the 8-track. :lol:
8track1.jpg

Welcome to the digital future y'all. :eek:

Daryl said:
CD's? Who listens to CDs anymore? Why don't we just break out the 8-track. :lol:
8track1.jpg

Welcome to the digital future y'all. :eek:

:lol: Because we cannot find any 8 tracks. :lol:

When it comes to car stereo systems I am pretty cheap. I think the last time I upgraded a stock stereo was 1993, and the only reason was my car stereo did not have a CD option, it was a cassette player. :oops:

CDs have their place. For me..its a way of supporting bands. And I also have the licensing rights IN MY HAND. I can burn it at any bandwith I want..in .wav or mp3 whatever I choose.
I have yet to find a website that allows me to download FULL fidelity songs (like say .wav files in 44khz 16bit or higher).
If you know of a site..clue me In!!!
and yeah the new RATT CD sounds pretty **** good!!!!!!!!!
It Kicks ***.

GtrGeorge

44.1 kHz 16 bit? You can get very close with 256 kbps or better MP3. The problem is that most songs are like 50+ MB in .wav. And don't worry, as you age, you won't really be able to tell the difference anyway. You can now, but just wait about 10 years.

Latest posts