Joe Bonamassa

Talk about your favorite bands new and old and any other music related topics.

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

Buzzedd
RM20

Post by Buzzedd » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 am

Joe is a breath of fresh air in blues/rock. Phenominal player and funny as heck. He did a "Guitar Center" session too and talks about his amps and setup in some detail. Definately worth checking out. Here's a link to it.

Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-MvF6cYLDo

gtrjake
RM20

Post by gtrjake » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 pm

I've watched his show on Palladia 3 times now, it blows me away every time I see it!

audiomidijace
Donating Member

Post by audiomidijace » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:42 pm

I discovered Joe in 2008. I was very impressed. My guitar tech has a dinner for some of his top clients every few months. It's a great way to meet other players and just talk shop. Someone asked if I'd been impressed with anyone lately and I answered "Joe B." This other guy at the table just started "going off" on me! He "really" did NOT like Joe B! He went on and on .....I was like "Did he f*&k your girlfriend or something? Why all the hostility?"
The next day I looked up this guy on Youtube to check out "his" playing. He was a fine player, but not in Joe B's league.
I wish Joe could have worked things out with Black Country Communion. They were putting out some great stuff. The way I heard it, Joe told them to go on with another player, but then told them they could no longer use the name Black Country Communion! Too bad. Jake E. Lee would be a perfect replacement in that band, but without the band name, what's the point?
RM50, Orange PPC412 w Celestion V30s.
Modules: SG-MK22, JF Twox .
Pickups:MotorCity & BareKnuckle
Dunlop 95Q Wah, TC Nova System, Wampler Tumnus
AVID ELEVEN RACK & Atomic Amplifier 12
Transactions:Lots!

BigBrewtus
Donating Member

Post by BigBrewtus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Cool story Jace. Joe B isnt popular with my locals either but I still think he is cool. BCC made one awesome band IMO. I know Joe tours quite a bit on his own and Glenn desires much more touring. You intrigue me on an addition of Jake. He is one of my favs and it would make an awesome band. Cant remember the band name but Jake has set out to release an album sometime with in the next year. Cant wait.
Amps: RM4, RM50H, Lynch Boxes: Production #1 RM50 & RM100
Modules:
Peacemaker, MarXman, Soldano,
Friedman Brahma
JF Ultra
Brahma
Super V
Mr. Scary
Lots and lots of trades, buys and sales on this forum.

GtrGeorge!
Lynch Box

Jake and Joe

Post by GtrGeorge! » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:57 pm

I still believe Jake E. Lee to be a seriously under-appreciatted musician. I had heard he was in dispute with Ozzy over material he worked on during his time with the Ozzy Osbourne Band. I cant seem to find the details anywhere..maybe they settled..but for a time there was some talk gong around.
he clearly is a great player and had he not been walking into RR;s old job..he might have been given a better appreciation.
But go back and listen to what he brought to "The Ultimate Sin"...I really was impressed. It was different and yet it kept with what Oz was into.
As I said Joe B. is a skilled player and the Palladia video just proves it in spades. But, for me, I am waiting for the unmistakable moment when I say "That's Joe!!"..noone one does that but him!! I havent heard it yet..but when it happens its gonna be INCREDIBLE.
GtrGeorge

plugnplay
RM20

Post by plugnplay » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:25 am

One area that helps JB stand out from a lot of the guitarists is his quest for good tone. Sometimes a guitar player can be darn good just based on the tone that they have to offer. Great tone and great playing is where the men are usually separated from the boys.