Gear Stolen

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfshockey

Reaction score
My bandmate just had his brand new Orange Thunderverb 50 in a brand new flight case and a used PRS guitar stolen from his car in Chicago. He filed a police report. We've been calling pawn shops and guitar stores all day to be on the lookout. Is there anything else we can do? Any have any experience with this type of situation?

**** man...That absolutely sucks....I would do a Myspace and Facebook search for all local bands you can find and, while it sucks to do so, offer a reward for returning the gear...That's the best I can think of...

What a bad way to start a year. I feel for him brother!!! I guess keep a watch on Craigslist and eBay. Hope someone has better answers for you. Good luck!!

Oh man, that frickin blows. There is nothing I hate more than a thief. That's a crime that the Muslims have the correct punishment for, cut their f*ckin hands off!

I don't have anything to add to help you. Just keep your eyes open, post on as many forums as you can. Pics & serial numbers would be very beneficial. I just went through my guitars and amps this weekend, documenting serial numbers and getting pictures - just in case something like this happens to me.

Good luck, man. If there's anything I can do, you know how to get a hold of me.

I think Matt's suggestion is best.
I would watch the local pawn shops carefully, and basically run and ad on craigslist to buy what they stole from you.
I had to go from NY to LA to confront a ******* like this. It was in MikePs neck of the woods. Yikes, is all I can say.
The LA cops were useless. But its obvious they have alot bigger problems on their hands.
Make sure you have serial numbers, original receipts also help, or at the very least very specific identifiable marks.
GtrGeorge

update???????????

I would start posting ads on CL "looking for a PRS, cheap.condition unimportant. Trying to save some bux".

Id also hit the pawn shops..the cops probably won't..so you should.
and get cards from each place...you need to make friends with these people. You may or may not wanna tell em what your doing there all the time..but you do need em on your side.
GtrGeorge

PS: The Karma on stolen gear is a nasty.

We've hit up numerous pawn shops, music shops, guitar centers, etc. We've recently found out that across the street from our practice space is a "chop shop" which is likely where the thieves work. Unfortunately this has happened a lot there too and the cops don't help one bit. My friend is trying to work with his Home Owner's Insurance to cover it but the deductible alone is a few thousand so it doesn't do much. All around a shitty situation...

After a steep deductible on my friends' parents' homeowner's insurance, he received little compensation for his stolen gear which was well under what it was actually worth (but at least it was something). He seems to be back up on his feet and rolling gear-wise now so thank you to everyone who helped me about when I sold my mods to help him out. Gonna take a break from MTS for a while now to explore others amps and guitars but I will surely be back to build a rack setup down the road!

-Mike

mfshockey said:
After a steep deductible on my friends' parents' homeowner's insurance, he received little compensation for his stolen gear which was well under what it was actually worth (but at least it was something). He seems to be back up on his feet and rolling gear-wise now so thank you to everyone who helped me about when I sold my mods to help him out.

-Mike

Well that sucks to hear there was no resolution to this, at least not a more favorable outcome. Kudos to you for helping him out. It is also good to hear he is back on track from the incident.

My condolences to your buddy...
As someone who had gear stolen on a break-in ( as a matter of fact, our whole band was robbed), I sympathize big-time!

Yeah...gear theft sucks.
I encourage each and everyone of us to teach that stolen gear is
THE WORST POSSIBLE THING YOU CAN GET INVOLVED IN.

I occasionally meet some jerk who wants to sell me a deal TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

What do I do? I ask to photograph the gear....and especially the serially number...if the seller freaks out...I stop and take what Ive got and report it to the police.

I recommend you all do the same. Got a phone? Then you have a camera.

Out these scum sucking leeches. Take a real stand..or your music speaks of spineless self deception.

GtrGeorge

That horrible. Watch Craigslist. Call all the local pawn shops and music stores. Also check swap meets and flee markets. Hope he gets it back.