Herman Li

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetalMajik

Reaction score
All I can say is

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That dude can PLAY!

I saw Dragonforce Friday night open for Killswitch Engage. I was not much of a fan of their music...until Friday. I was impressed, they put on one helluva show

I can take Dragonforce in small doses. Small, POTENT doses.

Their music would make a great soundtrack for a film about ferrets on espresso.

Perhaps I cought them on a good night. Or myabe I just didn't have very good expectations. I went there to see Chimaria and Killswitch and ended up being blwon away by Drunkenforce.

Although I must disclose that I have been an avid fan of Power Metal for 20 years now going all the way back to Helloween and early Manowar. It all just ulnleashes the Army of Darkness watching Metal Geek within :lol:

I was at the San Diego Show. I went to see Killswitch- but I was most impressed by Chimaria- they are definitely one of my new favorite bands now.

I was pleasantly surprised by how good the new Chimaria record is. I was pretty disapointed by Impossibility of Reason and had pretty much written them off after they got dropped from Roadrunner.

I saw them the first time they came around here a couple years back. Have been listening to them since their Valley of the Damned demo. Haha.

Trampolines on stages should be standard.

Hmmmmm....SO F'D UP they forget their parts......
You guys sure you arent talking when my band plays on weekends??
That one fits me to the LETTER! :D
It's all good.......... 8)

Keep on rocking brothers!!

Dragonforce makes great studio records, but they can't play well live: their tempo is all over the place; the drums and keyboard plays too fast and the guitars get pissed off, hahahahaha.

:)))))) Satriani recommended Dragonforce. This must be a joke....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPp9rImK670
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMIQ1jfJm0

I've seen them twice and both times they played well. NINTENDO METAL, yet another metal subcategory, but that's the best way I can describe it. The coolest thing wasn't seeing the band, it was seeing all the Magic Card Kids with Excalibur Swords. lol. They were pumped.

krazyhick2 said:
I've seen them twice and both times they played well. NINTENDO METAL, yet another metal subcategory, but that's the best way I can describe it. The coolest thing wasn't seeing the band, it was seeing all the Magic Card Kids with Excalibur Swords. lol. They were pumped.
hmmm. i must say that is well put. i personally hated Dragonforce when they came out, and still do, but i believe the members of the band have a large amount of talent, and could make very good music if they would back away from the 4-bit sound influence :lol: .