R.I.P Jeff Hanneman

Talk about your favorite bands new and old and any other music related topics.

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

Oyster
Donating Member

R.I.P Jeff Hanneman

Post by Oyster » Thu May 02, 2013 7:19 pm

A Metal Icon has passed. Slayer is a major influence in my music. He is missed! :cry:
Rm100SI Fully Modded by Jaded Faith
RM100KH
RM100JF-Foglifted
2-RM1250
2-Egnator M4
2-Mesa Recto 4x12 V-30s
Pickups-Bare Knuckles, EMGs, Bill Lawerance
Line 6- HD500

Lots of good deals on the forum.

zepplin490
Lynch Box

Post by zepplin490 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Oh man les.. this really sucks I was jammin earlier in the day had both of my 4X12's hooked up to the rm100 and had her up to about half which shakes my guitar room and I played through both South of Heaven and seasons in the abyss today Im not as much into slayer as i used to be but they are one of my big influences along with metallica those two band pretty much shaped my playing style! have to give props to randy rhoads too but i took my lead style from him defiantly got my rthym mojo from slayer and everything metallica did before the black album.. Jeff will be missed. I hope slayer doesnt just throw some shredder replacement guitarist in there and go on like nothing happened, Jeff was one of their primary songwriters and cant be replaced easily. I hope they do go on touring but I hope they take a break and let his death sink in.
-mp-
Randall RM100, with a Randall Warhead V30cab,
Voodoo UG Jose
Good Deals With: Everyone

JayDA
Lynch Box

Post by JayDA » Fri May 03, 2013 5:04 am

RIP Jeff, Slayer was my second biggest influence after Metallica when I was younger.