Download Festival...Killswitch and Meshuggah wow!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harsh

Reaction score
Just got back from a day of Mayhem at the Download festival, my neck muscles are so f@#!d up from all the headbanging and also sporting some serious bruises from the Moshpits...it was awesome. Everything hurts now that I'm home and sober!

Watched Opeth and Killswitch (who kicked *** as usual), and just when I thought "wow, nothing can top this", Meshuggah came on. Guys, I tell you, it was like a slap in face and a 2 hour lesson on precision. I've never seen a band play such tight technical stuff, I was in the front row and sobered up pretty quickly once they started playing. Made me feel inadequate as a musician. :shock: And can you believe the simple setup they have? Just rackmounted POD Pro's going straight into monitors - no cabs.

I highly recommend that you see them as soon you get the chance, they are just amazing.

Download is the biggest festival ive ever seen :shock: There is nothing that even comes close to that size here in the states.

harsh said:
Just got back from a day of Mayhem at the Download festival, my neck muscles are so f@#!d up from all the headbanging and also sporting some serious bruises from the Moshpits...it was awesome. Everything hurts now that I'm home and sober!

Watched Opeth and Killswitch (who kicked *** as usual), and just when I thought "wow, nothing can top this", Meshuggah came on. Guys, I tell you, it was like a slap in face and a 2 hour lesson on precision. I've never seen a band play such tight technical stuff, I was in the front row and sobered up pretty quickly once they started playing. Made me feel inadequate as a musician. :shock: And can you believe the simple setup they have? Just rackmounted POD Pro's going straight into monitors - no cabs.

I highly recommend that you see them as soon you get the chance, they are just amazing.

Thats strange, because they are sponsored by AxeFx now. I know they used Line6 but the VettaII heads.

tonymustang302 said:
Thats strange, because they are sponsored by AxeFx now. I know they used Line6 but the VettaII heads.

Really?? I was pretty close to the stage and I thought I recognised the POD Pro. I just went on their site and it still says they are with Line-6.

Anyway, all said n done....what a band! Weirdly, I cant sit and listen to a whole Meshuggah album, it gets too much :oops: But live, it was something else.

Is Download the travesty that replaced the Donington Monsters of Rock festival? (showing my age..)

JKD said:
Is Download the travesty that replaced the Donington Monsters of Rock festival? (showing my age..)

I think I was 5 when Monsters of Rock used to happen...just kididng, Steve :lol:

All said and done, Download is probably the best metal festival out there - 3 days of metal, 3 stages, 100,000 fans and a non stop supply of booze 8)