NEW Killswitch Engage Album.....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds different from any of there other albums, can't really put my finger on it. At first listen I thought I'd wasted my money, but it grew on me. :)

insightibanez said:
It sounds different from any of there other albums, can't really put my finger on it. At first listen I thought I'd wasted my money, but it grew on me. :)
I think it sounds pretty good. A lot of people criticize bands for changing their sound a little when they release a new album, but they are musicians. Their styles and tastes change through time. They aren't going to make the same music forever. If they completely changed their genre, then there would be something to complain about, but they often don't.

Three of the most common criticisms are In Flames', Shadows Fall's, and All That Remain's new albums. I personally like them, although they are different from their older music, it doesn't sound that bad. I don't like them better than their older music, but i still like it nonetheless. It doesn't really bother me that people don't like it, but how they say they don't like it. I guess i'm just picky.

Anyway, i like KsE' new album. I like all their albums. I haven't heard every song on every album yet, but i like the sound of the ones i have heard.

I haven't heard too much of it...

Some songs, I liked and others, not so much.

However, I can say that when I heard "Light in a Darkened World" at the Golden Gods ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SGSq1JGXjU ), I almost cried. :lol: Way too pop-y for my tastes..

insightibanez said:

Because Adam D only produced half of it. That's what it is becase the new producer(cant remember his name) encouraged the lead singer to sing more instead of scream. I'm not a fan of their new album. Blah.

I listened to it again coming back home and I like it!!!! Don't get me wrong I own and love all of there albums, but I think its harder to breakout of your comfort zone and do something new, than to keep making albums that have the same vibe.

forget killswitch what about suicide silence and job for a cowboy :twisted:

maximus1 said:
forget killswitch what about suicide silence and job for a cowboy :twisted:

JFAC have really done a great job on their new album. I used to like their old stuff, but it's become generic deathcore to me. Their new one though... WOW :D

Suicide Silence on the other hand... :roll:

I cant figure it out...I really love some songs and thought others were average. The one thing that I CAN say is that is sounds very processed...it doesnt have a "natural" sound if you know what I mean.