Whats your dream guitar?

Talk about your favorite bands new and old and any other music related topics.

Moderators: guitarguy510, ned

Hamner1
Lynch Box

Post by Hamner1 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Custom shop Jackson 24 fret Concorde.
Mahogany neck & sides, ebony board. King V neck profile & tall skinny frets. OFR. EMG 85s (or 89s).
I have not decided on paint, but current inkling is white with original old school black pinstripes. Controls 2 volume & 3 way toggle switch not mounted on the top of the body, I would have this down by the volume controls. :D
Non-MTS stuff for sale.

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.

Mattfig
Donating Member

Post by Mattfig » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm lucky enough to own mine...A black 1981 Les Paul Custom with a Floyd Rose Trem system...I locked the floating aspect down but the fine tuning is amazing....I have many guitars and everytime I think I've found something great, this one always sounds and plays better...Always....I've yet to encounter a guitar I desire more...So I'm a lucky guy...
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap's
MR. Horsepower
This one goes up to 11...
?The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.?-Albert Einstein

HughJasol
Donating Member

Post by HughJasol » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:55 pm

:shock: :lol: Dude - that's over the top! I wonder what, if anything, moves the tach/speedometer . . . or maybe it's a temperature gauge!
RM100M-E
MOD50
RM50C
Mesa 20/20
Matrix GT1000FX
Salvation: Dual Salvado Deluxe, Dual MatchVox, Mamba Gold SE
JF: Dual ODS, Dual RVerb, 1959RR Platinum
Stock Duals: BMAN, DLX
Axe-FX II (x2)
MFC-101 (x2)

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:25 pm

HughJasol wrote::shock: :lol: Dude - that's over the top! I wonder what, if anything, moves the tach/speedometer . . . or maybe it's a temperature gauge!
I believe it monitors testosterone. :lol:
?The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.?-Albert Einstein

Mister Joshua
RM100

Post by Mister Joshua » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:33 pm

It actually measures string attack while playing. And yes i want one of these. http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/Mr.Horsepower.htm

Peace, Joshua
Peace, Joshua

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:42 pm

Mister Joshua wrote:It actually measures string attack while playing. And yes i want one of these. http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/Mr.Horsepower.htm

Peace, Joshua
That's totally right, Joshua.
That link is where I got the pic that I posted.
There is only one thing that I would change about this guitar. It is the bridge. The Mr. Horsepower is equipped with a licensed Floyd Rose which and I would prefer a German made Floyd or Schaller with a hardened steel base plate, titanium saddles, and titanium big block sustain block. But I would totally snatch one of these up if I had the chance.

HughJasol
Donating Member

Post by HughJasol » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Mister Joshua wrote:And yes i want one of these.
If you have an Axe-FX Ultra for trade, you might actually be able to get one! :lol:
RM100M-E
MOD50
RM50C
Mesa 20/20
Matrix GT1000FX
Salvation: Dual Salvado Deluxe, Dual MatchVox, Mamba Gold SE
JF: Dual ODS, Dual RVerb, 1959RR Platinum
Stock Duals: BMAN, DLX
Axe-FX II (x2)
MFC-101 (x2)

Mister Joshua
RM100

Post by Mister Joshua » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:23 am

Actually Daryl, the Music Man floyd is a Gotoh made bridge. I have one on my Axis and it is actually better (IMO) than the German or Schaller systems. It comes stock with a solid brass sustain block. The only thing i fault on the Gotoh is the fact that they use custom size lock blocks, you know those black pot metal things that always break. Other than that it is a great system. The only system i like better is the Edge, and it too is made by Gotoh.

Peace, Joshua
Peace, Joshua

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 pm

I didn't know that. Thanks Joshua...

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:04 am

Mister Joshua wrote:Actually Daryl, the Music Man floyd is a Gotoh made bridge. I have one on my Axis and it is actually better (IMO) than the German or Schaller systems. It comes stock with a solid brass sustain block. The only thing i fault on the Gotoh is the fact that they use custom size lock blocks, you know those black pot metal things that always break. Other than that it is a great system. The only system i like better is the Edge, and it too is made by Gotoh.

Peace, Joshua
The Gotoh is a nice unit and I own an Ibanez RG3120 with an Edge unit on it. I have to say though that I much prefer the German made Floyds because of several reasons. I own a modded one that kicks ass. You mentioned the string lock blocks breaking and I know what that is like. I use titanium ones now and at 140,000 PSI, they don't break. You can get more options with a German Floyd than any other. You can get upgraded sustain blocks in brass and titanium, upgraded titanium saddles, stainless steel hardware. Really killer stuff. Check out: http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/
This site has stuff for all the different Floyds as well. If you really like to whammy, this is the place to get some of the good stuff. It's what a lot of pros use. Adam is a great guy to work with as well.
FU sells big blocks for many of the major Floyd versions and they work awesome. Here is an example from a Guitar World review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sZ3w_Qwq2Q

Mister Joshua
RM100

Post by Mister Joshua » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:23 am

I use the Floydupgrades stuff and it is indeed killer. I use the big brass blocks on both my German made originals and my Gotoh. I do not use titanium saddles or sustain blocks because it adds a shrill high pitch unpleasantness to my sound. I do however use the titanium lock blocks which is how i found out the Gotoh does not use standard size lock blocks. I do not blast the German stuff at all but merely say that swapping a Gotoh unit for a German unit would be like swapping a new Ford for a new Ford. You'll just spend a lot of money for the same performance. My 2 cents.

Peace, Joshua
Peace, Joshua

spooch
RM50

Post by spooch » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:48 pm

MJ Mirage Rally.

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:51 am

Dream guitar?

m0jo
Donating Member

Post by m0jo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:45 pm

I played mine the other day: Ibanez SV5470F

I've always played my trusty S470 after learning to play on the cheapo GSA.
Then I wanted something more stratty, got a custom built strat.. Slowly modded that to more heavyness (humbucker, thick strings)

Now this is the perfect combination of super comfort, superstrat sounds and regular strat sounds.
Sounds awesome, plays unbelievably smooth.. even in the store, without extra set up tweakage! :D

So.. saving everything I have now to get this :D

Salvation Mods Twinface, Mash-all+, Sloogie, Mu?eca, Shiver (Facelift), modded XTC, stock Recto
Randall RM4 - Randall RT2/50 - Randall RM22
TT-Cabs REX V212

www.sparkplugmusic.nl