Mudvayne Greg Tribbett Meet & Greet CANCELLED

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchensf

Reaction score
Mudvayne Greg Tribbett Meet & Greet CANCELLED

I hate to bring you bad news, but the Pedal to The Metal tour featuring Mudvayne, Black Label Society, Static-X, Suicide Silence and Bury Your Dead has cancelled the San Jose show on August 28, 2009. The show was cancelled because Zakk Wylde has been diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs.

Since the show has been cancelled, the Meet & Greet with Greg Tribbett sponsored by Audio Images, Washburn Guitars, and Randall Amplifiers has also been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please contact your ticket seller for refunds. I spoke with Mudvayne's management company today who gave me the news.

Audio Images will be offering a $100 discount on any Randall Amp or Washburn Guitar over $500 to everyone that signed up for the Meet & Greet. Please call me at 415-957-9131 if you want to take advantage of this offer.

I saw the show in Mankato, MN and both Mudvayne and Black Label Society put on great sets! Greg was amazing and he had a great tone that powered Mudvayne's sound. I had the opportunity to talk to Greg backstage after the show and he was down to earth and I enjoyed talking to him about the show, his guitar and amps and his music. He didn't do a lot of these Washburn/Randall Meet & Greets and he told me he was really looking forward to meeting the fans in San Jose.

Greg impressed me by telling me how he gets his tone with a Randall MTS 100 watt head loaded with both a Clean module and a modified Plexi module. His signature red/black V guitar has a single EMG 81 pickup with just a volume knob. No pickup selector switch, no tone knobs, single pickup and just pure tone. He keeps it simple and his tone really cut through the live mix.

I really am sorry that the show and Meet & Greet has been cancelled. I might try to see the show in Bakersfield on Saturday and if I do, I will try to get Greg to sign a couple of guitars and some photos. If I get the photos signed, I will be happy to send one to you.

About Zakk Wylde

Black Label Society has performed their last show on "The Pedal To The Metal Tour" due to the health of frontman Zakk Wylde. Wylde has been diagnosed with blood clots in his lungs, and has been admitted into the hospital in Eugene, OR this afternoon. Today's BLS appearance in Eugene has been canceled, along with the remaining BLS appearances on the tour.

http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=157

We hope Zakk has a speedy recovery and wish him and his family all the best. Our thoughts are with you Zakk.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me at 415-957-9131. I will be in my office until 1:30pm. I will be at the Crowne Plaza Hotel from 3-4pm for anyone that doesn't receive this message.

I have a special deal on some rare autographed gear if you are an Ozzy Osbourne fan. Send me an email if you are interested.

Jim Chen
Audio Images