V2 vs T2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aandc2005

Reaction score
Hello, I've had a few randall amps in the past (RH100 combo, RH200 head, RH 200G3 combo) and now I own a marshall JCM 2000 DSL head 50 watt but sadlly enough I have to sell it to pay off some bills (paypal buyer credit) but in a fews weeks after I sell it and paying paypal off I'm planning on buying a V2 or T2 head I really like the ultra high gain amps that randall makes and with combining solid state with tubes and increasing the wattage for head room is the way to go! my question is what is the differance is sound of the V2 and T2 head? I went to the randall site and they only demo the T2 not the V2

THe t2 v2 sound vary similar, v2 have SS clean while t2 have tube clean V2 have 3ch and an extra amount of gain circuitry I have owned a 6505+ and dual rec i got my V2 archetype friday morn and it is a badass amp A keeper

kevrock said:
THe t2 v2 sound vary similar, v2 have SS clean while t2 have tube clean V2 have 3ch and an extra amount of gain circuitry I have owned a 6505+ and dual rec i got my V2 archetype friday morn and it is a badass amp A keeper

Dose the Archetype have a badass distortion? better then a regular V2?

yes the archetype distortion is badass best amp ive played in along time for metal im keepin it and it looks badass good luck finding one

Ninja has more top end sizzle while the Archetype has more more bottom end that is tighter.........

The T2 is basically a stripped down version of a V2. I have owned an Archetype and now own a T2 and its all about preference. I prefer a simple layout with a tube clean channel rather than solid state. The graphic EQ is really handy but I constantly jacked with it because I played mind gamed with myself regarding tone.........

Ask Jeff Henneman about the Ninja and the Archetype. He has experience with both(He bought my Archetype)

rbailey1010 said:
Ask Jeff Henneman about the Ninja and the Archetype. He has experience with both(He bought my Archetype)

I played around with both of them today, With the exact same settings my first impressions are:
The archetype has more low mids and little bit more gain as well as being super tight on the low end.
The ninja on the other hand sounded alot more open than the archetype, like the frequences all had more room to breath. I guess that is expected since the ninja has less gain.
One interesting thing I noticed is the tight/loose and the bright switch seemed to have a lot more effect on the tone in the archetype.
I used a randall cabinet that has Celestion G12H 100W speakers . I have noticed that both these amps have a ridiculous amount of low end. I thought it may just be the cab but i tried my other cabs and the same deal.
I was planning on doing clips but I am sick right now so hopefully I can get them done sometime this week.