Just orderd a T2, and introducing my self

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEISMIC

Reaction score
Well ive been running thru a randall rh200 sc g2 thru a seismic 4x12 and 2x12 ext cab and i was wowed buy the rig before joining my new band
this is where the amp really came to life but at the same time really showed where it was lacking for head room in a big way.....my drummer is LOUD and i was over powerd at 200 wats :twisted: a very good and a very bad thing, Any way while at a jam with a buddy i hooked in to a speaker that was not hooked up right and i ended up poping the head i am still hoping to fix it and keep it for recording and home use its tone is unlike any amp ive owned and its a great loss to me :cry: ha any way its still under powerd for what im doing now and ive been hunting and hunting for new heads i even came acros a diamond nitrox for 1000.00 but it sounds like someone farted at highgain caned it and sold it to diamond amps and thats how i would sum up the diamond :lol: its just not enough power and the sound was not there for me at all. so back to randall i came and i got a chance to check out an old T2 at my buds place and i was slamed so i just orderd my new T2 and i am really looking forward to this new upgrade but i gota say my Rh200 will hold a place of honor in my life

Good F#@KEN JOB RANDALL :twisted:

And thats what brings me to the randall forum, I hope to keep seeing some cool things from randall METAL MUST DESTORY and theres nothing out there thats better for that job than a god dammed RANDALL

Full-ACK...and welcome! \m/

Cheers from germany!

thanks man :twisted:

My T2 is now in canada...........Soon it will be mine oh yes it will be mine, because i payed for it :lol:

OH MY GOD :evil: well it worked for a bit than the volume started droping out there was alot of feed back but i thought it had to do with the high gain than i turned off the volume on the guitar and i found that there was feed back even with the volume off and now there is no sound out put
at all, theres power and it shiftes thru the channles fine just no sound
is it my tubes? i am kinda geting sick of dead amps :?

will the stress never end.......i just want a randall that works :cry:

you want to know how much money ive now blown on dead amps
2700.00 bucks!!! :evil: now im a pissed off fat metal head with no money and no gear and nothing beter to do than ***** AND MOAN.....and i feel i have the right to :!:

at least the diamond still POWERS UP.....MAYBE I SHOULD STOP WAISTING MY TIME....... and just bye the fart in a can amp :lol:

oh i could send it to randall for repaires but ive been waiting over a month just for parts on another dead randall, spining my wheels with no word or real help from randalls techs,

just empty words and 2 dead heads, the cost, my mind and 2700.00 bucks

New amp? Call Randall Customer Service. They should be able to give you a repair solution.

HA thats a laugh :lol: really ive been trying to deal with randall on my rh200 with nothing to show for it....

and this T2 is to far gone so im getting a refund and ive sent my rh200 in to a pro tech in edmonton....very cool guy named Chuck from C4 audio works, he told me to lose the randall t2 and go with the diamond

so im going to retube it and see what it can do :wink:

its to bad i really wanted that T2, but i talked with a few owners about there T2s and the list of repaires they needed to go thru it sounds like theres some real issues with some of them. mine would just smell hot than volume drop, once opened there where 2 fuses in the wroung way
it just volume drops and goes into protect mode and wount work...not cool while on stage RANDALL :evil: fixed it and it did it again so theres some real demons in this amp and it will cost more in lebour to fix it than its worth..... :roll:

SEISMIC said:
New amp? Call Randall Customer Service. They should be able to give you a repair solution.

HA thats a laugh :lol: really ive been trying to deal with randall on my rh200 with nothing to show for it....

and this T2 is to far gone so im getting a refund and ive sent my rh200 in to a pro tech in edmonton....very cool guy named Chuck from C4 audio works, he told me to lose the randall t2 and go with the diamond

so im going to retube it and see what it can do :wink:

its to bad i really wanted that T2, but i talked with a few owners about there T2s and the list of repaires they needed to go thru it sounds like theres some real issues with some of them. mine would just smell hot than volume drop, once opened there where 2 fuses in the wroung way
it just volume drops and goes into protect mode and wount work...not cool while on stage RANDALL :evil: fixed it and it did it again so theres some real demons in this amp and it will cost more in lebour to fix it than its worth..... :roll:
****!!!
Sorry to hear that Seismic.
You shouldn't be having so much trouble with your amp. Chinese made **** is like that though. You never can tell if the build quality is going to be fully up to par. If you bought it new and it's still under warranty, I would ***** at them until something gives. Have you talked to Kevin Drury@ Randall? He has been a huge help for me and has hooked me up with stuff even though my RM100 is past warranty. If it was fixed and it did it again, I seriously question the cred of the tech that fixed it. We are talking solid state power right? Should be a pretty simple affair. Smells hot and power cuts out...Sounds like the power transformer. Do you have schematics for this amp?

it is so hard to trouble shoot on a forum, there could be so many things wrong with any particular rig. randall didn't get it's reputation by selling garbage amps, sometimes user error plays a big part. i'm not taking any shots at anyone, just saying. the v2/t2 amps are very reliable, as mentioned, they are solid state power section. not a very problematic amplifier setup.

@ seismic......you already praised randall and the rh200, so you know they make good stuff. also, u make no mention of what cab u are using or what ohms your running on the cab. again, i'm not taking any shots at you, just saying. i would have addressed the place you bought it from, and get all over randall, i'm sure they'll stand by their product.

good luck!!! (don't settle for the diamond)

ryan9896 said:
it is so hard to trouble shoot on a forum, there could be so many things wrong with any particular rig. randall didn't get it's reputation by selling garbage amps, sometimes user error plays a big part. i'm not taking any shots at anyone, just saying. the v2/t2 amps are very reliable, as mentioned, they are solid state power section. not a very problematic amplifier setup.

@ seismic......you already praised randall and the rh200, so you know they make good stuff. also, u make no mention of what cab u are using or what ohms your running on the cab. again, i'm not taking any shots at you, just saying. i would have addressed the place you bought it from, and get all over randall, i'm sure they'll stand by their product.
That's great advice, Ryan. Check to make sure you are running the right ohm setting for the cab you are using, this is critical. If you are not sure buzz us on the forum and we will get you straight. Also make some noise to Randall about this. They will help you out. I have had a lot of good experience with the guys at Randall.
Get in touch with Kevin@Randall: [email protected]
He will hook you up and if you still got warranty left on that amp, they will take good care of you. Don't get discouraged. Randall is some wicked good **** and they stand behind their products. Solid state amplifiers should last forever just about. C'mon bro, I want to hear you happy about turning up your Randall and ripping it up again!!!

Thanks guys for all the help on this and letting me vent :lol:

i returned the amp for a full refund and i bought the Diamond nitrox and really after messing with the EQ for about 3.5 weeks :shock: i have the sound i wanted and a top shelf amp that has a life time warranty. im really very happy with the diamond and would never get rid of it and now that its eq'd its a true monster but untill i hit the sound i hated it and it took some time but im in love with the beast, how ever ill be getting my RH 200 back and i am really happy about that one :twisted:

and i did talk with the guys with randall thru all of the BS i was going thru and there was no help at all, no parts for my rh 200 and no word or calls in over 2 months and it was Keven i was talking too......not impressed nor should i be because i was a true randall fan and i feel let down and i know of at least 5 band members that are in the same boat

its sad to say but its going to take alot for randall to prove there not building crap on mass, and i wont buy another new randall again :(

edit, im running 2 8omh 400watt 4x12 cabs and 2 100watt 8ohm ext cabs in the chain, no effects

I'm sorry to hear that Randall didn't take care of you. Ever since they sold out to U.S. Musicorp. They have lost their edge. I think they are getting weaker and weaker. Have you seen how pathetic the design of the new Lynch Box is? I am glad that you got a killer amp though. I hear Diamond is a great company out of Texas and they are pretty fucking heavy sounding. Rock on my Canadian friend. Tear the roof off the mutha fucka.

Get that Randall fixed up and run it in Stereo with the Diamond for a true brutal wall of chaos

Its funny that you bring that up, Ive been trying to bang my head in to that idea for a few days now, but im not to sure how to go about it

Another possibility - which just bit another forum member too: Did you perhaps use an instrument cable where you should have use a speaker cable? At high output levels, this can damage your transformer. You can unsrew the cable connectors and check it out. If they look melted or damaged in some other way, that's probably what happened . . .

the nitrox is a great amp for metal. was suprized you said it sounded like a fart in a can. at least you were able to dial it in eventually....

if you do decide to run it with another amp in stereo, the cheapest easiest way to do it is with a stereo chorus pedal with the mix set as low as possible. i run 3 heads with the 2 outside stacks stereo chorused against the center dry stack. insane tones, and fat as hell.

good luck.

rottingcorpse said:
if you do decide to run it with another amp in stereo, the cheapest easiest way to do it is with a stereo chorus pedal with the mix set as low as possible. i run 3 heads with the 2 outside stacks stereo chorused against the center dry stack. insane tones, and fat as hell.

good luck.

holy ****.

Glad to be here, in the forum. Needs more posting! I love my T2 and Titan. Also have a Rh200 and share a V2 head. All killer. T2 is my favorite of them all. :p

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it sounds to me like you are running 4 8ohm cabs with this head. That would be a 2ohm load and would likely explain why you are having problems. Most solid state amps will handle a 4ohm load but I don't think I've ever seen a guitar amp that would handle 2ohms. Again, sorry if I'm assuming anything incorrectly here.

I also wanted to add that I emailed Randall customer support looking for a replacement logo for my NBKING100. I received a reply from Kevin Drury. He informed me that even though they didn't keep those in stock, that he had located one and would send it to me. I offered to pay for the logo and/or shipping and was simply told, "No Charge". Less than a week later, I had my logo. I don't doubt that you had issues but don't write Randall off. When a company changes management, there are always some hiccups along the way. Randall makes some great gear and in my experience, their customer service was top notch.

SEISMIC said:
Thanks guys for all the help on this and letting me vent :lol:

i returned the amp for a full refund and i bought the Diamond nitrox and really after messing with the EQ for about 3.5 weeks :shock: i have the sound i wanted and a top shelf amp that has a life time warranty. im really very happy with the diamond and would never get rid of it and now that its eq'd its a true monster but untill i hit the sound i hated it and it took some time but im in love with the beast, how ever ill be getting my RH 200 back and i am really happy about that one :twisted:

and i did talk with the guys with randall thru all of the BS i was going thru and there was no help at all, no parts for my rh 200 and no word or calls in over 2 months and it was Keven i was talking too......not impressed nor should i be because i was a true randall fan and i feel let down and i know of at least 5 band members that are in the same boat

its sad to say but its going to take alot for randall to prove there not building crap on mass, and i wont buy another new randall again :(

edit, im running 2 8omh 400watt 4x12 cabs and 2 100watt 8ohm ext cabs in the chain, no effects