Clips of my T2! Random 5 min bedroom riffing :)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wookieslayer

Reaction score
Hi guys! Been lurking this forum since probably last summer when I was amp shopping. You can say I've amassed quite a small collection... I started with a Randall Titan from GC (which is badass), picked up an RH200 for chips, then split a purchase on a Randall V2+matching XLT400 cab with a buddy of mine, and finally got a T2 for myself! (oh and found a Peavey XXX in Feb :lol: )

Anyway, not the best sound quality video with my webcam but I thought I'd share my lazy Sunday afternoon riffings from last week :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E38QyIFxjE

God I want to jam with this baby so bad paired with the V2 I share with my bandmates... :evil:

When I get the chance I'll add some proper pictures of my rig and axes and some proper clips! Gonna record the preamp direct and mess with cabinet impulses as soon as I can get my act together! :wink:

Few questions,
Any recommendations for tube brand swaps in the pres or the hybrid power section? Should I stick with JJ's?
Also anyone know where to find a replacement back cover for my T2? Didn't have one when I bought it used; I thought about making a steel grill instead...

Thanks guys! \m/

every answer is very subjective but Doug from Dougstubes.com made a recommendation for me a while back and I never looked back since then

Penta 12AT7 for the power section buffer

Ruby 12AX7AC5 HG+ for the V1 and Penta 12AX7 for the remaining two

Quiets the hiss and gets some good nice clean gain tones.

Interesting interesting! I was originally going to go all JJ's with Eurotubes but I'm down to try those as well. How do they affect the gain channel? Thanks!