Screamin' Deal!!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulforger

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just noticed this today...Guitar Center in Larchmont New York has a used T2 Head up on the website for $399!!! Someone buy it please because I can't right now!!!

GC just got them in stock, I got it online with a discount code for only $580!! I will say this, due to some financial problems I had to sell my USA Tremonti recently so I was pretty bummed, but I had been eyeing the Akesson for a while now (seemed to take forever to become available!), and this axe plays and sounds as good as the Tremonti, in fact I think I prefer it, the pickups in it are superb, the body is one of the first SE singlecuts to be the full thickness of the US models but with the ebony board it has more articulation in the low end. Oh, and it looks absolutely killer! I highly recommend it! I have been trying to be good by not buying that T2 but man...I have been wanting one!

Awesome dude. I've been wanting to get one since I saw the announcement early this year. I've got to sell some extra gear first before I can nab one though.

But yeah man, if you can swing the money for a T2 I don't think you'll regret it! :twisted:

Also how does the Gus G signature compare to the Akesson?

Well these guitars are both great, the Akesson is not what one would expect if going on his playing (which I have become a fan of in a big way, he plays to the benefit of the song, a rare quality among today's shredders, and he has incredible feel and style, in a word, a true artist), this axe is really an old school singlecut guitar, big neck, quite hefty, and mack truck tone, great for metal, old school hard rock, blues, and even jazz if you wanted to (I don't:)), plays killer, and looks the absolute biz! The Gus G, in spite of the shape (perhaps because of it?), is the most comfortable guitar I have ever played, and at 42, I have owned many, many guitars, many much more expensive and supposedly better guitars than this LTD, this axe which is, to me, the perfect guitar, I wanted to try one initially because I just love Gus's recorded guitar sound and this maple topped alder body/ maple neck axe has a unique tone. I didn't really expect to bond with this as much as I have, the neck profile is much slimmer than the Akesson, the neck is a set through so the heel is smooth, and the guitar is so perfectly balanced that it feels weightless...the build quality and set up/playability is as good as any axe I have ever had, I can't imagine what the ESP Custom Shop version is like! I have never been happier with my guitars as I am currently with these two different, but equally kickass guitars, I will be selling my USA PRSCe24 soon. Hope this helps, long though the description is! Rock on Loud!

I have a PRS Tremonti as well. I love it. It fits so many styles its not even funny. Akesson is the man. I really dig his playing. I had the chance to stand directly in front of him and watch his playing all night. I was in Japan about 6 years ago and he was still with Arch Enemy. Michael Amott is an amazing player but I was more in tune with Frederick because he played bluesier. More my forte'. Im going to GC in Nashville today, I hope they have his sig model there for me to try.

Oh man that must have been awesome! Akesson reportedly recorded all of his solos on Heritage with his black sunburst Tremonti, I think they have the better tone for heavy styles, maybe because they're not chambered like the 245/250, that's what I love about this SE Akesson, its feels like an SC245 with a non-chambered body, the ebony board tightens up the tone a bit too, also the cutaway is slightly deeper for more room on the upper frets. I know Heritage has been love it or hate it with some Opeth fans but I think it is something special, a masterpiece...after Watershed and this, I must say Akesson was the missing ingredient for greatness, Akerfeldt is brilliant but I think he has been needing someone like Fredrik to help fully realize his vision. Good luck at GC, if they dont have the Akesson, the new SE245 is much the same guitar, only difference other than the cosmetics is the ebony board and deeper cutaway, well the tonpros adjustable bridge as well. They do have the same pickups, which are excellent! Play it loud!

soulforger said:
Well these guitars are both great...

Hope this helps, long though the description is! Rock on Loud!

wow thanks for the detailed descriptions soulforger! I've been wanting to play both the Akesson and the Gus G for awhile now! I've played the lower end LTD but not the higher end one; also some PRS SE's which are fantastic.

Can't wait until I can play the Akesson though; that guitar looks really sexy and I'm hoping I'll jive with the 24.5" scale length, as I do enjoy 24.75" already.

8)

BigBrewtus said:
I have a PRS Tremonti as well. I love it. It fits so many styles its not even funny. Akesson is the man. I really dig his playing. I had the chance to stand directly in front of him and watch his playing all night. I was in Japan about 6 years ago and he was still with Arch Enemy. Michael Amott is an amazing player but I was more in tune with Frederick because he played bluesier. More my forte'. Im going to GC in Nashville today, I hope they have his sig model there for me to try.

I too saw Akesson with Arch Enemy but here in Los Angeles. Was one of the most killer shows of my life for sure! and I've seen Akesson I guess 4 times now with Opeth so you can say I'm a fan :lol: