RANDALL V2 NOISE WHEN SWITCHING MIDI

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UK Metal Man

Reaction score
Hi people...

I recently purchased a V2 after a while considering my options, however, I find it has a number of issues.

Firstly, came with incorrect footswitch (T2 4 button)

2. eq button on amp damaged and problematic

3. when using an external midi pedal and switched to tube overdrive channel, there is a loud ticking/ clicking noise in background

I wonder can anyone advise any potential causes of this ticking noise as the intention was to use this with mid and a rack fx in the loop at later date (part of the reason for getting the randall

Could the incorrect footswitch the person had been using be the cause of the problem?

Obviously, with the dodgy eq button and incoorect 4 button footswitch, I cannot use the eq for performance and the noise issue makes it impractical to use an external midi controller.

I am based in UK in Manchester area, if anyone knows of:

1. a decent place to get an amp fixed in this area

2. a supplier for the footswitch for less than ?113.00 UK

please can you advise.

I tried emailing Randall several days ago and as yet have had no reply :(

regards,

Metal Man :( :?: :idea: :?:

i m sure the footswitch was ok albeit the wrong one. when i got mine it made a ton of noise alot of which i refused should not be there but i changed the tubes n it got better but still very noisey on the gain channels depending on how much i used. gain below noon on mine is not much at all so i use alot but i have to gate it. if i play the ss channel i can just use my ns-2 outfront which is what i ve done with any amp. pretty much standard in my experiences. the tube channel i have to gate the loop as well cause apparently its noisey there too. idk works for me that way. i use the boss ns-2 in the x connect method and its silent. without its rediciuolus. the clean channel is silent no gate needed. i have some monster cables that tick kinda how u described. never noticed it with any other amp. when i gate the loop u cant hear but just gated. outfront it comes thru. hard to say i guess good to get it looked at to be sure. noisey amp for sure