I blow away Marshall JCM 2000 DSL with my V2 + 125 CX box

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molotov

Reaction score
Last week I head gig with my band...
On one side Marshall JCM2000 DSL with box
On my side V2 head and RS 125 CX box.
I blow away Marshall JSM 2000 DSL with my V2!!!
We were pretty loud, both of us, but when drummer starts to tie cymbals into knots Marshall is gone but my Randall V2 breaks through this noise and it is still sharp and you can actually hear me playing.

Thank You God for V2!!! :)

I just got my V2 back from Having Randall repair it and it totally *** rapes any amp I have ever had before.

V2 is an new age amp.. you can not compare it to others .. it is out of competition ... I do not know these Fender MetalHeads are those same technologies as V2? I see those are also mosfet powered with 500W!!!

What channel do you guys play your lead from? I think the overdrive channel absolutely sucks!!! I like the TUBE OD, but then what about a boosted lead sound? Any suggestions???

I play in two bands.
One is more extreme .. music is much more louder and noise than I discovered SS channel is better with less of bottom end so bass guitar can brake through with its freq.

Second band is less noise, slower, more rock style and there is room for rich guitar tone that comes from tube preamp.

If you understand what I mean?

I use both ....

I have a jcm2000 but am looking at a v2 because i feel the marshall doesn't have enough gain. Does the V2 have quite a bit more of it or should i be looking into something else.

shredder0609 said:
What channel do you guys play your lead from? I think the overdrive channel absolutely sucks!!! I like the TUBE OD, but then what about a boosted lead sound? Any suggestions???

I'm only play with the TUBE O.D and for solo section, i just kick down the EQ channel on !

yeah I have a V2 ninja and had to gig with a Marshall JCM2000 because my Randall was being repaired. It was soo disappointing after playing my Ninja! That amp is just brutal

Can I use my spare Philips ADSL Wireless Router as a Repeater to extend range? Hi, I currently have an Orange voip router setup for my wireless internet connection. It works ok, but the signal is very weak elsewhere in the house (downstairs for example). I have a spare Philips 'ADSL Wireless Base Station', Model: SNA6500. Is it possible to set this up to acts as a Wireless Repeater to boost the range of the existing wireless?

or perhaps its the right forum and all the people on it have just got well confused and started talking about randall :lol: