T2 or V2? Please help

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elementmetal

Reaction score
Hi all

I've been using a Randall rhg200sc for the past 4 years. Recently it's let me down. I'm from uk and sourcing parts for this has ben like trying to find rocking horse ****.
The amps tone used in conjunction with mxr smart gate is awesome. Have done lots of gigs and studio recordings with it. However when cranked up the headroom does suffer a little.

In short it looks like I'm going to bite the bullet and invest in either a T2 or V2 as a main amp to rely on roadworthy build quality the killer tone and the massive head room.

I know the best thing to do is test both out, but not THAT many places stock randall near me. In Reading up and checking YouTube it seems most peoples opinion I'd that the T2 is more raw and edges over the V2 in terms of balls for metal. The simplicity of the T2 really appeals, however, the V2 is only a little bit more expensive yet you get the onboard eq. It seems the obvious choice to go for the V2 but is the aggresive tone slightly compromised?
Any help, opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Adam
Www.myspace.com/elementsound

depends what you want really. The T2 is a beefy no nonsense tone machine and the V2 is a way way more tweakable although IMO not quite as nice sounding equivalent.

Cheers for that man.

To be honest, you've pretty much summed up what everyone has been saying.

T2 for me i think. As long as i can scoop mids then **** the fancy eq! Raw power all the way!

I suffered the same dilemma and decided on the T2. I ordered from Muscians Freind an the original amp sent was defective so I returned it. I will now order the T2HH Gus G Sig Model. I cant wait to test drive this beast.

Hi All

I know this is an age old debate and i've posted on here a couple of times with the same thing, BUT i need some last minute help.

Its now crunch time and i'm ready to order my new amp and i had settled on the standard T2 (not T2HH). Ordering the T2 tomorrow morning from a store in UK that i've bought from before.

The thing is, i've only had chance to test the T2 not the V2.
I've seen from numerous posts and from a poll that MOST people on this forum have the V2, thing is from speaking to people, MOST prefer the sound of the T2.

I'm ordering tomorrow and its somewhat blind ordering if i decide to change my mind and get the V2.

I'm used to the Randll G2 200 watt SS head so anything that achieves that tone with more balls is what i'm after and i believe both will do that.

The T2 when i tested it sounded great, but i didnt get to crank up.

I know that the T2 has uses tubes for both the clean and distorted channel and that the V2 only uses the tubes for the overdrive.
This doesnt put me off however i'm led to believe the clean on T2 is much better as a result.

The simplicity of T2 appeals greatly but the EQ and customisability with tone of the V2 ALSO appeals.

I'm ordering one or the other tomorrow morning so ANY help right now would be appreciated as just cant find anyone in UK who has one for me to test and now its crunch time.

Its metal that i'll be playing as you can check out on our myspace, www.myspace.com/elementsound and it has to be a tight crunch with balls that i'm after not over distorted buzz. I know both amps will deliver just as my G2 does but WHICH ONE.... ARGGGGGGH!

T2 was my gut feeling but now leaning towards V2.

Cheers if anyone replies to this before mid day Monday 21st Sept London GMT time

Ordered it. A T2 will be with me next week.
I'll be running it through my current Randall cab that was for my G2 for the time being. It's the 4x12 loaded with 4 x celestion 80watt speakers (rated at 320 watts). It's got an 8 ohm mono input on the back which should work fine for the 240watt 8ohm output of T2.

Anyone used this cab for it before?

It's only for time being until I can get an xl matching cab.

One other question.. The xl cabs, one is rated 240watts and one at 400watts. Whilst thinking I'll never need 400watts as the bigger venues we play mic up etc etc, the 240watt cab combination woories me in that the sound would start to break up early and more strain on cab at loud rehearsal volumes. I base that on the fact that my G2 200 watt started to break up sound when creeping past 3/4 on master level. I know that was full on SS, but do my concerns have any weight to then or is the matching 240watt xl cab good for loud rehearsals and can push for loud loud volume without break up?

Cheers