Got my randall V2 a week ago

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gort

Reaction score
I am loving it! This amp is just great. The tube channel is really, really tight. Even when I use my 7-string with it at shows it's never muddy. I am very, very pleased with this head. I ditched my dual rectifier to get it.

Who else has one? I am still trying to nail a good lead tone for the solid state channel as I like to have one channel to kick up a higher volume for my solos.

http://www.soullip.com - Washington, D.C Hard Rock

I've actually used one a few times and I love it. I have an RM100, but am thinking of selling it and going with the V2 instead. I love the modules and tones, but I really like the SS grind a bit more, and the clean channel is amazing, so I can use it for whatever else I want also. I have an older RG150 that I love, but the clean is horrible, which is why I love the V2 even more

I was disappointed in the SS channel on the V2. It didn't have a very impressive amount of gain. I thought the tube overdrive had way more gain. The only way I could get the SS channel to have a decent about of gain was to pull out the solo boost on the mid knob.

I really want to try one of these V2 heads because it sounds killer "on paper" but I've wondered how it really stacks up. My biggest question is how noisy is it on the gain channels? I realize a high gain channel is going to have noise but compared to the dual rec how does it stack up?

good noise gate like an isp decimator should take care and tame any high gain amp tube or solid state mines does .

Sorry guys... I hate the SS Channel... absolutely garbage... I'm just about there as far as my tone with the Tube OD... About to pick up an ISP Decimator... and ad EMG's ZW for my Dean from hell. Amp sounds its best with EMG's.

Any suggests for the SS Channel and or a lead sounds?? Wish it had some reverb...