New Guy

Everything else. However all religious and political threads will be deleted.
Jacksauce
RM100

New Guy

Post by Jacksauce » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi fellow Randall fans. Allow myself to introduce..... myself. Love of music started with bands like AC/DC, Judas Priest, Ozzy and Metallica. I'm a guitarist that's been looking for the most versatile amp with growl and cleans. Really like all of the posts and the community's support for the MTS. Looking for an amp head to get started with some modded modules.

Daryl
Lynch Box

Post by Daryl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Welcome to MTS. You are going to dig it.
I've learned more from the people on this forum than any other single source. Not just about MTS gear, either.
Good people...That's what it really is all about.
Be sure to check out the Classifieds for gear.
Beats the hell out of "Fee-bay".
:D :D :D
?The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.?-Albert Einstein

Jacksauce
RM100

Post by Jacksauce » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks Daryl :)

I can tell there's some really knowledgeable people here. Looking forward to learning more and some good discussions. I'm already snooping around in the classifieds! :D

drewiv

Post by drewiv » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:19 am

Welcome. There are tons of great people on this forum. I have said it before, but this is the best forum on the internet and tons of extremely knowledgeable people (I'm not one of them). I've learned a ton from these folks.

Be careful, modded modules are habit forming and should come with a warning. :lol: Enjoy your journey!

I do have several modded modules for sale in the classifieds, if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Jacksauce
RM100

Post by Jacksauce » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:16 pm

drewiv wrote:Be careful, modded modules are habit forming and should come with a warning. :lol: Enjoy your journey!
Thanks! :lol: I can already feel the addiction coursing through my veins and I don't even have my first piece of mts gear
dr. Feelgood, Camerock, Erecto, GM Recto, Rhoadie, XMG, Mark X, JF SM DF XTC, Trilogy, Angel, Mamba & SE, Markus, Mash-All, Ubersonic

BigBrewtus
Donating Member

Post by BigBrewtus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:37 am

You will be nabbing those modules before you know it! :lol:
Have a great time, I know I have, and welcome to the forum..... :)
Amps: RM4, RM50H, Lynch Boxes: Production #1 RM50 & RM100
Modules:
Peacemaker, MarXman, Soldano,
Friedman Brahma
JF Ultra
Brahma
Super V
Mr. Scary
Lots and lots of trades, buys and sales on this forum.

Jacksauce
RM100

Post by Jacksauce » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:10 pm

BigBrewtus wrote:You will be nabbing those modules before you know it! :lol:
Have a great time, I know I have, and welcome to the forum..... :)
Thanks Brewtus. :D I'm already drooling over several... mainly the modded of course :twisted:
dr. Feelgood, Camerock, Erecto, GM Recto, Rhoadie, XMG, Mark X, JF SM DF XTC, Trilogy, Angel, Mamba & SE, Markus, Mash-All, Ubersonic

Hamner1
Lynch Box

Post by Hamner1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:18 am

Hey welcome to the show. Lots of knowledge to be had. Up until I started in the MTS I never gave preamp tubes a 2nd thought. Now I see the value in experimenting with them, different brands, different types, etc.

My addiction stated back somewhere between '03 & '06 when I saw an ad for the RM4. I thought it was the coolest thing. Exactly what I wanted/needed a midi controllable tube preamp with 3 or more channels. It took me until last year to take the plunge. Best gear purchase to date. :D I should have dived in sooner. :oops:
Non-MTS stuff for sale.

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.

Mattfig
Donating Member

Post by Mattfig » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:55 am

Hi and Welcome...

+1 on everything said thus far..This is THE place to come if you dig MTS...You won't find another forum like it, that's for sure...

Ask questions here and you actually get real answers, quite a nice change of pace from other forums...:)

All the best,
Fig
Matt Fig -
MotorCity Mods
www.motorcitymods.com

Kemper Profiles -
www.mattfig.com

Shinozoku
Lynch Box

Post by Shinozoku » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 am

Mattfig wrote:Hi and Welcome...

+1 on everything said thus far..This is THE place to come if you dig MTS...You won't find another forum like it, that's for sure...

Ask questions here and you actually get real answers, quite a nice change of pace from other forums...:)

All the best,
Fig
And you only get about one argument a year and it lasts for about a day or two :D As opposed to other places (UG, TGP :P) where every 5 minutes something comes up where people are bitching about carbon comp resistors or what tubes Joe Bonamassa fed to his dog on his second album, or somebody posts a review on a Chuck Schuldiner tribute guitar and people come in shouting "Stupid lame signature guitar the dead artist would hate! Buy a Les Paul instead! BC Rich is just trying to live off an artist's name like Dime!"

:lol:
RM100M w/ Tung Sol 5881's
Blackface(self modded), Ultra Lead, SL+(out of commission), Ultra XL (self modded)
Vader 2x12 Cab
Edwards E-AL-128 with a Seymour Duncan JB

Julia
Lynch Box

Post by Julia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:14 am

Shinozoku wrote: As opposed to other places (UG, TGP :P) where every 5 minutes something comes up where people are bitching about carbon comp resistors or what tubes Joe Bonamassa fed to his dog on his second album....

:lol:
Since you brought up The Gear Page:http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6826799 ... e-kool-aid
Disregard all advice pertaining to gain and tone from this user if you are under the age of 40 and play thrash.

Too old to Rock N Roll. Too young to die.

drewiv

Post by drewiv » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:26 am

Julia wrote:Since you brought up The Gear Page:http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6826799 ... e-kool-aid
It really never gets old.

Shinozoku
Lynch Box

Post by Shinozoku » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:38 am

xD Love that!

I saw Joe Bonamossa on Crossroads 2010 and he was playing through a buzzy Marshall... I know, it was on Blu-Ray xD

Or was it Agent Smith with a Les Paul...
RM100M w/ Tung Sol 5881's
Blackface(self modded), Ultra Lead, SL+(out of commission), Ultra XL (self modded)
Vader 2x12 Cab
Edwards E-AL-128 with a Seymour Duncan JB

crushabud
RM20

Re: New Guy

Post by crushabud » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Jacksauce wrote:Hi fellow Randall fans. Allow myself to introduce..... myself. Love of music started with bands like AC/DC, Judas Priest, Ozzy and Metallica. I'm a guitarist that's been looking for the most versatile amp with growl and cleans. Really like all of the posts and the community's support for the MTS. Looking for an amp head to get started with some modded modules.
Welcome, sir, I am already digging your taste in music :wink:
objects that appear in mirror are not really there