why do you hate nickelback

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones

Reaction score
i just thought this would be a good thread to start. why do you hate nickel back?

I hate them because they're so successful, but they're so gay. They write such gay songs, they're sell outs, but they're still popular.

bones said:
i just thought this would be a good thread to start. why do you hate nickel back?

I hate them because they're so successful, but they're so gay. They write such gay songs, they're sell outs, but they're still popular.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate nikel back too....but...given the chance and the money they make....i would totally sell out to. :(

It's just like sugar ray....they were a metal band then turned into sellouts...made millions...

tonymustang302 said:
bones said:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate nikel back too....but...given the chance and the money they make....i would totally sell out to. :(

It's just like sugar ray....they were a metal band then turned into sellouts...made millions...

Sugar Ray was actually good at one time where Nickelback really wasn't. Nickelback is the new millenium's version of Warrant.

thats true, i thought they were alright when they first came out, but you can tell it's really gone to their heads now.

Yeah, They are so cookie cutter. Its the same **** song over and over. And the mindless sheep out there keep buying it! Their first album was "ok".

Some of the stuff that doesn't get radio play is actually pretty good. Listen to the drums, some of the best recorded drum sounds ever captured.

The reason I don't like them is the "testing" of songs then tweaking them so they are radio friendly. Photograph and Some Day make me want to rip the radio out of my truck.

I agree. the production on their album have always been excellent. And, that drummer - i dont know his name - is really good.

I can remeber when them guys would play for like 2 bucks or free!!! hahaha up here at a place called shooters. pretty cool to see how big they have become. Im not a fan...but at least they are rock music! hahahaha

tonymustang302 said:
bones said:

Oh Yeah....Snap Twist Tap By Sugar Ray kicked ***!!
Great punk style/metal album.
Too bad they lost that feeling.

Their songs are boring and have been done before.
They are just so uninteresting. I hear non-musicians just eat them up and I don't get it. It's like generic brand beer, yea it tastes like beer, but its missing something. The biggest problem is.....Who else is their in the Rock scene.......NO one , they are it.

I never knew Sugar Ray was metal :?: :shock: Always knew them as radio friendly, but Nickelback definitely follows the formula and never gets very creative or far from that guaranteed style :!:

Kranked4Christ said:
I never knew Sugar Ray was metal :?: :shock: Always knew them as radio friendly, but Nickelback definitely follows the formula and never gets very creative or far from that guaranteed style :!:

Check out Sugar Ray's Lemonade and Brownies. It's more like heavy rock and cali punk. Floored isn't too bad either, but that was the last of the cool Sugar Ray.

I had a band i highschool that used to cover "mean machine" by sugar ray. cant remeber what album it was off of but that tune jams

I never was into Nickelback really, but one day I heard a line from the song "Never Again"(?) I believe? The lyric was...

"Fathers a name you havent earned yet. You're just a child with a tempure. Haven't you heard dont hit a lady. Kicking your *** would be a pleasure"

And still to this day, I think it is the STUPIDEST line of any song. It's like a 6th grader wrote it to make himself sound badass. Have you ever felt embarrassed for someone so much that it feels like YOU'RE the one being embarrassed? Thats exactly the feeling I get when listening to that line, or any Nickelback tune.

And I agree with LRStrat that a lot of non-musician friends of mine boast about them all the time, and I just cant follow. Now, almost everything on the radio sounds like them to me. BLEH.

I dunno, they may be slightly gay, but their songs are catchy. Any hate for them in my case would be jealousy.

nistcm said:
I dunno, they may be slightly gay, but their songs are catchy. Any hate for them in my case would be jealousy.

Really, catchy compared to what? I find them very boring and I can't listen to a song for more than 10 seconds before I feel pain. If they aren't overly generic and uninteresting, then I wonder who is to you:?