Please read - I'm backed up! :)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
I am behind. This is probably not a news flash to some of you :) Here's the scoop:

Deaths (lost a dog that I bought the wife when we were dating 9 years ago and also had a close relative pass on)

Injury - screwed up my shoulder (scapula levitor for those keeping score: been jacked now for over 2 months but it's slowly getting better. Get to have physical therapy now)

Work - 9 to 5 job had a 'user conference' last week that they had us doing overtime in anticipation of for the last month and such

Illness - got some flu thing *twice* in the last few weeks.

Parts - had a few less than good things come up with parts. It's resolved and while I still have some modules waiting on parts, it's at least good enough that I can start hacking away.

Locusts - just kidding, but when one person does everything and does it after his day job, minor stuff becomes huge bolders.

Here's how I'm dealing with it:

1) I'm not working on the special projects like the Soldano and the Mesa modules right now. They are super close, but I'm not going to spend time on that when I can be getting people's modules out the door.

2) I'm not taking any more new work for at least 2 weeks. I'd rather have you play your stock module for 2 weeks and THEN send it to me than for me to have it for those 2 weeks and not be able to even touch them or schedule them. By the end of those 2 weeks I should be back in sync, or darned close. Everything will be cool by then. If you look at guys who do custom pedals or such, they just put you on a waiting list and let it extend out, sometimes to around a year. Sorry, I'd rather just stop the new stuff for a few weeks and get back on track.

3) not taking any requests for total customs either right now.

4) Email replies will be within a day or two, sometimes immediately, but not likely on weekends. I have had to back off on my activities on weekends a bit - I have emailed people back at 2am on a sunday night, that's probably going to stop. If you emailed me and didn't get a reply, please resend your email and let me know you sent one before. You guys have no idea how many emails I get a day (lots) and sometimes I reply on my iPhone, sometimes from webmail at work, sometimes from outlook at home.

5) stuff like the amp mods on this board are going to have to wait too. Sorry, but I have some fun stuff coming up you'll dig. I just have to take care of everyone who has sent me work first, then the fun stuff. :)

What's not going to change is how much time I spend on each module - working it, burning it in, retesting, and then not letting it out of here until I am happy. Also note that I am the ONLY person who works on your module.

If you guys can just be a little patient, I'll knock your socks off with your mods.

Any problems or questions, please email me at [email protected] - always a better idea than a PM here. Thanks and I appreciate everyone's support and trusting me with your tone. :)

Pete

kbause said:
You could always outsource mods to me. 8)

I seriously have thought about that and could if I just always used the same parts on every mod... but even when I use the same parts that are marked the same, sometimes I use parts that are 'under' or 'over' in combinations and sometimes change parts out several times until it sounds right.

If I just had a cookie cutter recipe for everything, I would have probably done that long ago. But so much of this I do by ear too... it's hard to get people to hear things the same way.

okstrat said:
kbause said:
You could always outsource mods to me. 8)

I seriously have thought about that and could if I just always used the same parts on every mod... but even when I use the same parts that are marked the same, sometimes I use parts that are 'under' or 'over' in combinations and sometimes change parts out several times until it sounds right.

If I just had a cookie cutter recipe for everything, I would have probably done that long ago. But so much of this I do by ear too... it's hard to get people to hear things the same way.

Yeah I know, I was kidding. Worth a shot though. :wink:

Hope ya can work through it...the world needs that Mesa module...actually, screw the world...I need it ;)

Keep on keeping on mate!

This is very cool to let people know where your at.

and for people who are intrested in your mods they are well worth the wait ..

the Scary you did for me is incredible ..

Hope you the shoulder heals quickly .

cheers !!!!
S

Best Wishes for things to get better...us tone seekers sometimes forget that there's life outside of mods :shock:

Everything is cool guys - I have some physical therapy to go to, but shoulder is better and other stuff just pushed me back a bit.

Several modules are going out tomorrow (if it's one of yours you will get an email from FedEx tonight or tomorrow... if not, you'll get one soon) and I'm making good progress.

BTW Ray, working on your Tweed right now. :)

Pete

LOL.......kind of figured that out and gave up after a couple requests to send you stuff didn't get answered......you're not allowed to have a life....you have to cater to our selfish whims...... :lol: 8)

I don't know how you even do it to begin with from what it seems that's on your plate......

Hope you feel better.... 8)

shred-o-holic said:
I don't know how you even do it to begin with from what it seems that's on your plate......

Hope you feel better.... 8)

I do it because I love it! :) Getting to tweak tones and play with gear ain't a bad thing at all. If I ever get where I hate it, then I'll just stop. Thanks for the kind words man.

And yeah, I owe you an email or two. ;) Should have a custom faceplate for you soon on that project we were discussing...

Pete

I kinda thought you did it for money. I mean no offense really, im willing to pay for your work and i do want that recto i emailed you about.

srrdude said:
I kinda thought you did it for money. I mean no offense really, im willing to pay for your work and i do want that recto i emailed you about.

If it was only for the money, I could be doubling what I'm getting now just by cranking modules out and not burning them in or playtesting them for what *I* expect to hear out of a module. Most of the modules I do get reworked a time or two until they sound how I want them to.

Same thing regarding taking modules apart - I could just replace parts off the top and cut my time even more, or have someone else do the work. Trust me, I'm not only about the money.

Pete

anyone around Pete for any amount of time can see that it is not all about $

I know, it seems silly to say in this capitalistic world we live....but if you compute the time he spends on the modules, he's not making more than minumum wage :shock:

make no mistake- this is the Da Vinci of mts modules!

okstrat said:
srrdude said:

If it was only for the money, I could be doubling what I'm getting now just by cranking modules out and not burning them in or playtesting them for what *I* expect to hear out of a module. Most of the modules I do get reworked a time or two until they sound how I want them to.

Same thing regarding taking modules apart - I could just replace parts off the top and cut my time even more, or have someone else do the work. Trust me, I'm not only about the money.

Pete

hey man im not knockin it. I never figured you for a married man with a 9-5 job and a giggin musician. I always figured you for an amp tech who used this as a way to supplement your income. I really did mean no offense, i want you to mod my treadplate still. Just not yet.

srrdude said:
okstrat said:
srrdude said:

Pete

hey man im not knockin it. I never figured you for a married man with a 9-5 job and a giggin musician. I always figured you for an amp tech who used this as a way to supplement your income. I really did mean no offense, i want you to mod my treadplate still. Just not yet.

No offense taken at all, I *do* do it for money, but that's not what drives me. It's a nice byproduct. I've been working on amps and pedals and musical electronics for close to 25 years. :)

If you figure it per hour per time spent on a module, it's quite a bit more than minimum wage. If you figure it versus how much time I've spent tweaking modules and such since 2006, then it's a lot less. I realize too that people are spending their hard earned money on mods so I go the extra mile regarding tweaking and such before I send them back.

Pete

okstrat said:
srrdude said:
okstrat said:
srrdude said:

Pete

No offense taken at all, I *do* do it for money, but that's not what drives me. It's a nice byproduct. I've been working on amps and pedals and musical electronics for close to 25 years. :)

If you figure it per hour per time spent on a module, it's quite a bit more than minimum wage. If you figure it versus how much time I've spent tweaking modules and such since 2006, then it's a lot less. I realize too that people are spending their hard earned money on mods so I go the extra mile regarding tweaking and such before I send them back.

Pete

Well im excited to eventually have you mod my stuff, when you and I are ready.

Pete, thanks for the heads up. Still fishing for an Ultra so I can send some stuff in to you. Once I get one roped in, I'll wait for your green light!!

This backup is unacceptable Pete. Quit your job and mod my modules now. NOW. :lol: :lol: :lol: Very cool of you to post this publicly, there was a guy on another forum selling modded tube screamer clones (I still have mine, it's a nice pedal :)) but he got WAY backed up and had a bunch of personal drama go down but kept all that to himself and continued accepting orders. I think there are STILL folks waiting for their pedals.... nice of you to share with us in advance and cut down the influx of modules until you catch up. 8) I for one can't wait until I can place an order for a few custom modules, let me know when you're ready and I'll fire the money on over! :D Best wishes with the catchup Pete!

P.S. I scored a Gigmods Ultra off of a forumite, can't wait to check it out!!!

I'm glad Pete is taking this measure! I've been anticipating my new mods for a while but that's what made finally getting my 1086 that much better! We all have times where all the bad stuff seems to happen at once.
Sounds like You're really gettin down to business and focusing on catching up. I really liked the line about that what will not change is the time spent on our modules. I guess we've got to remember what we are paying for is Pete's time. So let's all support him through this and be patient with ours!
Keep your head up Pete! The new quickmods will enable those of us who just want a better mod but not to tune it just right to get it done quickly. Hopefully that'll help with the workload. Best wishes!

Your friend,
Angel