1086 (and Plexi+ ?) gain mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m0jo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I think this should be in here.
It's the advice Anthony gave when someone asked about a mod for more gain on the 1086.

Anthony of Salvation Mods said:
I decided to give free simple diy mod advice to all you guys here with soldering iron skills.

Salvation 1086PLUS mod

1.Do not disassemble the module, only take off tube guard and 1st tube.
2.find R16 resistor - it is by side of 1st tube (yellow, violet, red stripe) Leave it on its place!
3. buy metal film, 0,6watt 3k3 resistor
4. solder this resistor in parallel - "piggybacking" to both ends of R16 (be carefull to not overheat the PCB!!) Before soldering cut both ends to be accurately long to solder.
5.Thats all. Take 1st tube back and mount tubeguard.

With added gain the module will be slightly more noisy. This is pretty common thing. I allways say "No gain, no pain".
This modification is at your own risk.
Advantage: you can easy take it back to stock.

Anthony

I tried it, it works fine. ;)

Cheers, happy modding!

Valid mod and tweak.

To explain what's happening, you are connecting two resistors in parallel, which lowers their resistance. The total resistance of a set of resistors in parallel is found by adding up the reciprocals of the resistance values, and then taking the reciprocal of the total:

1 / R = 1 / R1 + 1 / R2 + 1 / R3 +...

It is the same math you would use wiring speaker cabs up.

Ohms law. I'm gonna burn all the pie charts in existence. That'll fix you future modders.....LOL

Latest posts