Component Spreadsheet

For you Bob Villa types that modify modules

Moderator: Jaded Faith

Graham Pearson
RM100

Component Spreadsheet

Post by Graham Pearson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:23 pm

NOTE: There's a link to the current version of my component spreadsheet in my following post. You can download this Excel spreadsheet if you wish.

Several members of this forum, including Rob at Jaded Faith, have commented on the fact that Randall tweaked resistor and capacitor values for each module almost on a daily basis. In spite of this, I am enthusiastic about updating the component spreadsheet.

Wherever resistor and capacitor variations exist, I can note this on the spreadsheet. This will help all the do-it-yourself modders out there. At least you'll know which components are likely candidates for experimentation.

Please PM or EMAIL me with values for any of the modules I don't already have listed, and if you are sending me values for modules that are already listed, please indicate those values that differ from the spreadsheet.

I'll include component values for stock modules and signature modules but I WILL NOT include values for modules that have been modded by a professional modder such as Jaded Faith
Last edited by Graham Pearson on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Graham Pearson
RM100

Re: Component Spreadsheet

Post by Graham Pearson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Last edited by Graham Pearson on Fri May 27, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikal69
RM100

Post by Mikal69 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:48 pm

would it be bad taste to hope for the addition of stuff like the Brahma, Grail, KH-1,2 etc?
RM4:
JF: XTC
Salvation: Baseman, Benzin
home-modded plexi

EBMM Luke III, Fender Telecaster Tele FMT HH, Gibson SG Original, Gibson '61 SG reissue, Gibson '66 B-25, Gibson '55 BR-9, Gibson Super Dove.

Graham Pearson
RM100

Component Spreadsheet

Post by Graham Pearson » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Not bad taste at all ... I don't have any of those modules so I need folks to volunteer that info. The current spreadsheet includes ALL modules I currently own plus those that others on this forum have submitted to me by email.

Graham Pearson
RM100

XTC With Black Faceplate

Post by Graham Pearson » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 am

Elsewhere on this forum, there are comments about the newer XTC with black face plate being better than the older silver or black-stripe versions.

So far, my component spreadsheet has component values for the XTC black-stripe version.

Is there anyone with a black face-plate XTC who'll volunteer to add component values to the spreadsheet? If so, we would all benefit from comparing values between the 2 versions.

Kapo_Polenton
Lynch Box

Post by Kapo_Polenton » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:04 pm

I'd offer up the Judge and Brahma values but it would be a pain in the ass using a resistor chart to make sure i got the values right. How about i post some gut shots and then let you know the value of all the caps? The resistors are self explanatory for someone who can figure out the values based on the bands. (I consult a resistor chart or app that lets me know what value the resistor is)

The Crunch Guy
RM20

Re: XTC With Black Faceplate

Post by The Crunch Guy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 pm

Graham Pearson wrote:Elsewhere on this forum, there are comments about the newer XTC with black face plate being better than the older silver or black-stripe versions.

So far, my component spreadsheet has component values for the XTC black-stripe version.

Is there anyone with a black face-plate XTC who'll volunteer to add component values to the spreadsheet? If so, we would all benefit from comparing values between the 2 versions.
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and have been following a few threads for interest. I happen to have the newer all blackface XTC module. I'll be happy to add the specs and submit. You all seem like a great bunch of tone chasing junkies and I'd love to jump in. Give me a day or so to get this info in.
Life's too short to be a Tone-Deaf little Weasel!!!

Disciple
Lynch Box

Post by Disciple » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Any update on getting any of the newer modules into the Spreadsheet (Lynch and Ian mods).

I'd love to see these added to the database if people are up for submitting values.

I can submit values for the Judge to add to the database if that helps if no one has submitted info for that yet.
RM4s
RM1250
RT2/50
GCX/GCP

Jacksauce
RM100

Post by Jacksauce » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:18 pm

Disciple wrote:Any update on getting any of the newer modules into the Spreadsheet (Lynch and Ian mods).

I'd love to see these added to the database if people are up for submitting values.

I can submit values for the Judge to add to the database if that helps if no one has submitted info for that yet.
Although it would be off-topic, maybe we could post this request elsewhere to get a kind soul to provide the values or some darn good pictures :)
dr. Feelgood, Camerock, Erecto, GM Recto, Rhoadie, XMG, Mark X, JF SM DF XTC, Trilogy, Angel, Mamba & SE, Markus, Mash-All, Ubersonic

jimosity
Lynch Box

Post by jimosity » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 pm

For looking up resistor values, you can use this to enter the color codes.
http://americanhc.us/diy/resistors/index.htm

Or for a nice cross reference on cap values between pf, nf, uf -- this is what I use.

http://americanhc.us/diy/cc.htm
Jim Rodgers
My MTS Sample Clips, Files and Links
2 M4s, RM100, RM50, All stock MTS Modules, 7 Dual Channels, Salvado Custom, 59RR Custom

DonP
RM50

Post by DonP » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Just wanted to say Thanks!

Nutbox
RM20

Post by Nutbox » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:53 am

hi there,
I know this is a bit of an old thread ,but i cant seem to get the links working for the spread sheets.
i was wondering if they are still avalible please
cheers

withmittens
Lynch Box

Post by withmittens » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks to the OP for this. I'm getting ready to put some Zoso mustard caps in a Top Boost. Has anyone tried this? wondering what to watch out for and how well the sound will improve...
RM22, RM4
CrazyNuts' Dirty Sanchez, DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30, XTC
SG, LP Std., Strat, TELE

MarcoR
Donating Member

Post by MarcoR » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:21 pm

withmittens wrote:Thanks to the OP for this. I'm getting ready to put some Zoso mustard caps in a Top Boost. Has anyone tried this? wondering what to watch out for and how well the sound will improve...
You might not notice much improvement initially, maybe a bit more clarity. From what I?ve read and my limited personal experience, they take a lot of play time to break in and get better over time.

I did the swap on a Plexi module and basically copied a Voodoo Amps modded module as far as which caps to replace but used the values listed in the spreadsheet for a stock plexi. I had already done the bass and gain mod and had played it like that for a while so the cap change wouldn?t be confused with other changes. As I said, the change wasn?t dramatic and barely noticeable. I did the same with a Bman module and the results were the same. The Bman has had more hours on it since the cap change and sounds very nice. The plexi sounded real good too but I sold it a while back.

Here's the plexi:
Synergy: SYN2, Friedman DS, HBE
Self Modded: Egnater B'Man, SL2X
Amps: VHT 2/50/2, RM50, Landry LS100 G3, Splawn Quick Rod, Marshall 6100LM

CrunchBunch
RM50

Post by CrunchBunch » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:57 am

Does anyone have copies of the spreadsheets or updated links?