Interesting success with Gain Switch for Treadplate

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbag

Reaction score
I've heavily modified my Dave Friedman Recto

It now consists of having a 3 way tight switch, Mid Sweep from 22k-72k, every cap now upgraded and mid cap switch about to go in.
The latest addition to my experimenting with this module is the Gain switch i installed (which i may call sag switch). R16 has a 1K8 resistor, i piggy backed a metal film 0.5 watt 3K3 resistor to a on-off spdt switch.

It gives the module the most interesting addition in tone when engaged. It's not a massively noticeable change until you turn it up more and more, but it feels like it pushed it even more in the direction of a nice recto sound.

When engaged the sound gets this nice little bit of sag reminiscent of a recto sound, it makes the tone a bit more crunchy and brighter also with a thickening/deepness added also.

It's great for whatever your looking for, a tight stiff sterile type of recto sound, or a slighty more saturated sound.

Please all understand that this module is my monkey module, hence all the mods (whether people think they're useless or not) it's nice to hear what changes can do so settling on a sound is alot easier and faster.

If anyone else has any experience with Gain stage adding even on tube 2 please add!

I like all of this experimentation & info. You're doing well by the sound of the clips I've heard. Would like to hear a demo of this gain/sag mod you speak of. Here's some potential name ideas for you,
'Treadbag'!
'RecTbagger'!
'Bagtifier'!
incorporating the 'Sagbag' mod :lol:

Yes sir, thankyou sir! I love your nickname, it's oh so versatile.
My brother & another friend are also both Tyson's, & both have
been known as Tbag too. But now I call my brother Ry Dogg.