tweed mods

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feefop

Reaction score
So what can I do to my tweed module? Its my guinea pig module, so what kinds of things can I do to make it tighter and less flubby?

thanks

sweet module! i modded mine with orange drops, sounds awesome with coil tapped sounds and single coil guitars. You can lower your coupling capacitor for starters! theres not a lot of help around here, but let me know how you go!

Aside from this you can also swap out the treble tonestack and bright ceramic caps for silver mica, it'll sweeten the top end though like all these cap changes it's subtle.

Tbag said:
sweet module! i modded mine with orange drops, sounds awesome with coil tapped sounds and single coil guitars. You can lower your coupling capacitor for starters! theres not a lot of help around here, but let me know how you go!

I can recommend trying some EQ switches like mid shifting and whatnot.

Can't tell you how to do it ;)
But I asked Anthony for a Tweedish module with a lot of that sort of stuff and it is brilliant!
It's a great base tone to play around with.

tweed modules probably my favorite so far for distorted tones. It's voiced similar to the tread plate, but brighter and obviously lower gain.

There's only so much "help" that can be given as there are lots of PCB revisions, so it's not simply a matter of saying "change Cxx" or something like that. It's best to read something like the below book and actually understand the concepts within tube amps, and then go from there etc.

My Tweed sounded great with Silver Micas replacing the Ceramic bright and treble caps, and personally I thought the stock values were fine (though we later turned it into a Matchless Chieften). I do miss the Tweed however, and would like to get another someday.

http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Tube-Amps-Book-Technology/dp/0966974301

Tbag said:
theres not a lot of help around here

the feel of the module is great voicing options would be my only change at the moment. I miss channel to of my old mesa nomad amp.