RM4 mods?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefighter1428

Reaction score
I know this has come up before but asking again because I cannot find it. Is it possible to run more the one module at a time? Or am I just going to have to buy two or three rm4s and run them with different modules at the same time? Thanks

No, the stock RM4/M4 cannot run more than one module at a time.

Firefighter1428 said:
I know this has come up before but asking again because I cannot find it. Is it possible to run more the one module at a time? Or am I just going to have to buy two or three rm4s and run them with different modules at the same time? Thanks

yeah that is what I thought. Maybe Christmas time I will pick up another one. Still waiting on Randall to come back out with the updated RT2/50. Wonder how long that is going to be.

U think they would? Run one rm 4 to one side and the other to another side of a power amp. Then ether split a cab, or run two different cabs?? Its an idea I am working on, after I finish my DG inspired rack.

Firefighter1428 said:
U think they would? Run one rm 4 to one side and the other to another side of a power amp. Then ether split a cab, or run two different cabs?? Its an idea I am working on, after I finish my DG inspired rack.
I see you have two Chandler Tube Drivers. NICE! :wink:

BigBrewtus said:
Firefighter1428 said:

Yeah they are both rack mounted. I might mod them and put some nice orange caps in them at some point. I will have to get a picture up here some time.

Firefighter1428 said:
BigBrewtus said:
Firefighter1428 said:

Yeah they are both rack mounted. I might mod them and put some nice orange caps in them at some point. I will have to get a picture up here some time.
I wanted some work done on mine like that. I gave it up to a friend but think about getting another all the time. :wink:

You could try to mod one as well (or have a qualified tech), though to do so you'd have to lose the MIDI switching it has now, or at least add traditional amp channel switching to it. The module's channel switching is controlled via a CV to a specific pin (or pins in the case of dual channel Egnaters).

On that note, some modules are out of phase with each other as every tube stage swaps the phase (so a three stage module is out of phase with a four stage etc), so if mixing multiple modules to mono that'll be something you'll need to take into consideration.

Using two or more RM4's and an external mixer will of course work as well, keeping in mind the phase consideration above.

djdayson said:
No, the stock RM4/M4 cannot run more than one module at a time.

Firefighter1428 said: