Further modded SL+, with vid

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
I've been doing more mods to my SL+ tonight with amazing results! I really like it, it's punchier and the tone jumps out at you more, as does the bright blue LED. Still has the same massive mids, but overall it's much improved. Still have a custom faceplate and knobs on the way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muwsCbAy2AI

That sounds great!! Finally got a SL+ on the way. Gotta try stock first but some modding may be on the horizon.

Yeah!!!
That sounds really, really nice.
I don't know if it's the mod or your killer chops.
Nice work....
Really nice...

Thanks guys, yeah I'm really enjoying this module. Maybe one of my favourites, but I have so many modules. I think the new components may be wearing in still, as it's almost sounding warmer than in the clip. Unless my judgement changes from day to day.
Oh, and the camera placement is different on this vid to my previous SL+ vid. It does have an effect on the recorded sound. Not sure which position I like best yet.

Man that thing is hot and cookin!! I always loved my Super Distortion but they are a bit hot for some playing. The AT1 is eq'd similar with much less output. Me being a huge Timmons fan it was a win win for me to get one for my Ibanez. Great tone Rade!

Yeah I love my AT-1! Great pickup. Huge mids, I think it's more of a big middy sound than I remember from my old super distortions I had years ago. Heaps of bass too and warmer on the top, one of my favs. It goes really well with the Paf Joe in the neck, I also have a coil tap and can get some great quacky stratty tones.

RADE01 said:
Yeah I love my AT-1! Great pickup. Huge mids, I think it's more of a big middy sound than I remember from my old super distortions I had years ago. Heaps of bass too and warmer on the top, one of my favs. It goes really well with the Paf Joe in the neck, I also have a coil tap and can get some great quacky stratty tones.
I think the output of a pickup, when high, takes a bit of the real eq out of the mix. So the AT1 has a more well rounded feel. Love the coil taps. I love the 2and4 positions of my Ibeenhad. Almost tele sounding or quacky as you say. Anyhow great stuff you are creating!

Latest posts