Just got a Plexi, need to replace 2 pots..

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlok

Reaction score
Just grabbed a 2008 Plexi module cheap but couldn't try it before buying. Put in my RM100 and sounds almost the same as my KH1.. Low output and no gain.. Stuck the ol' multimeter on the gain pot and it's dead. And the level pot has a hard spot while turning past 4-5, and reads at 0 (min) = 152 ohms, 5 = 196 ohms, 10 (max) = 0 ohms. As in there's a hump as the pot is turned and I don't think that's the right value anyway... it's on it's way out.. I could get my money back but I can fix it and I got it cheap.

Before I go taking it apart, Anyone know if the values on a 2005 are different from a 2008? From Graham Pearson's spreadsheet:
Plexi (05/05/05 Values)
VR1 (Gain) - 1M
VR2 - 1M
VR3 - 25K
VR4 - 250K
VR5 (Level) - 500K

Thanks..

Nevermind, had a few minutes so pulled it apart and they are correct... A500K and A1M.

OK... small bear is out of 500K, and mouser I can't really make out exactly which is correct. Anyone got a link to the correct 1M and 500K audio PCB type pots? Or just have a few (couple of each) they want to sell?

warlok said:
OK... small bear is out of 500K, and mouser I can't really make out exactly which is correct. Anyone got a link to the correct 1M and 500K audio PCB type pots? Or just have a few (couple of each) they want to sell?

mojotone.com. Fast shipping too. Also, you'll probably notice there's a nub on the left side of the face. Just grab it with pliers and pull it off to the side. It should break off fairly flush with the casing. :wink:

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/16MM-Short-Shaft-PC-Mount/500KA-16MM-Short-6-5mm-Split-Shaft-PC-Mount-Potentiometer

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/16MM-Short-Shaft-PC-Mount/1MA-16MM-Short-6-5mm-Split-Shaft-PC-Mount-Potentiometer

Dang warlok i wish you had put this up earlier. I ordered a bunch from Mouser and i think i got 500's and maybe even some 1M. I order like 10 at a time. I would have thrown them in the box with the SL+. I'll check what i have this weekend and let you know. If i have some i'll get a few over to you and we can work a deal on getting them shipped.

Peace, Joshua

Joshua - I definitely appreciate the offer but I'm gonna do the same and get a bunch for my stash. I want to stock up on some other stuff (caps, resistors, etc..) anyway so an order is.. well... in order. lol. I just picked the module up today on a whim.

Latest posts