New guy with some modding questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egynd

Reaction score
Hi I`m new to the world of MTS and need some info

I traded my old marshall for an Randall RM100KH head, and man it slays:D I guess I`ll never trade to another amp as long as i play :)

now for the questions :p

i have the KH modules and just got a Ultra Lead module the other day..
While i like that module(ultra Lead) , i was wondering if there was an easy DIY mod to make it tighter and maybe get more gain out of it ? ( i have mid output Dimarzio Pickups).

And is there any gain mods or something for the KH2-3 ? I`m trying to stay away from the OD pedals and stuff so if there is any way just to get that little more gain from the module itself, I would LOVE to hear it :D

any info or help would be much apreciated :)

sorry for the bad English,I`m just really tired :p

Hey, welcome aboard.

I have had all of those modules and the only one that doesn't already have heaps of gain to me was the KH2, although it still had enough gain for me to generally run gain at only 6-8.
I thought tightness and clarity was more the issue, and often when I've fixed those things I am totally satisfied with the amount of gain, and the module.

I am about to start modding my KH3 so I can share my results with you.

I put a lower value bass cap in my KH2 when I had it and that definitely helped tighten it up. At the time I didn't have great components at hand, but now I would probably use an Orange Drop102J, but any .001 cap will help.

You'll have fun modding, once you start, you can't stop!

yeah it may be that the flubbyness make the module sounding like it have less gain than it have .. I`ll try the bass mod on the Ultra Lead and KH2 soon :)

if you could share when you figure something about the KH3, then I`d be happy :D
It`s a good module , but it sounds kinda.. "Solid state" rather than tubeish... if that make any sense ? :p

My KH3 is now modded and sounding amazing! :D After being spoilt with modded modules for a while I found it was no longer doing anything for me.

So I tried some stuff and I've really got it where I wanted it to be. Still the same amount of gain, which in my opinion was already quite sufficient.

Has a much better feel all round. Works better for Metallica, and lots more.
It still has an agressive edge but it's definitely warmer and not so "solid state", with much better clarity and punch.

RADE01 said:
My KH3 is now modded and sounding amazing! :D After being spoilt with modded modules for a while I found it was no longer doing anything for me.

So I tried some stuff and I've really got it where I wanted it to be. Still the same amount of gain, which in my opinion was already quite sufficient.

Has a much better feel all round. Works better for Metallica, and lots more.
It still has an agressive edge but it's definitely warmer and not so "solid state", with much better clarity and punch.

NICE :) it may be the solid state kinda sound that keeps throwing me off... could you send me a clip of your new sound ? :) would LOVE to hear it

I'll have to borrow my fiance's camera again and make a vid probably. Don't really know how to do it another way.

RADE01 said:
I'll have to borrow my fiance's camera again and make a vid probably. Don't really know how to do it another way.

ok. just take your time :) i can`t start modding mine atlest for two weeks so i`m in no hurry :p

Latest posts