Mr. Scary Schematic from JudMan

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll check it to my master schem

FYI - I traced out most of the modules and their all pretty much the same
circuit

The Plexi is one less gain stage than the SL+ (hence the absence
of parts on V1b)

The Scary is a modded SL+

The Top Boost is a Plexi in disguise

and so on

Heres a Kicker for ya

The Scary is **** close to a Freidman HBE

Plus, The GTO ican be made into a "Freidman BE/C45 with diode clipping"
very easily - If you have the right info/know how

Fuzzboat, stop name/schem dropping and just drop it bro! I've heard you mention it before and this is the DIY section so giv'er! :) BTW, the friedman "correct spec" brahma is about 2 or 3 components different than the standard brahma. Brings out the highs a wee bit more to my ear but the best MTS module I have for authentic Marshall JMP/800 tones. Someone send me the schematic or layout for the brahma and i'll just pencil in the diff values. The reason I figure i can is because A. This was supposed to be the correct spec shipped from the factory anyway, B. Friedman is busy enough with his new amp builds and modding real amps, I doubt these are a priority. GTO is supposed to be close to the BE also.

I also found a lot of these layouts to be similar + or - a few values... Between the scary and SL+ there were maybe 3 part differences. SL+ and brahma, same thing plus the extra stage wired in for more gain.. there are similarities among the real amps as well but these were very very close. I keep wanting to try a plexi but i realize it will essentially be a brahma with slightly diff voicing.

Great work on this schematic JudMan! Love to see this quality work in the DIY section. Very true, isn't there only 3 different circuits? Considering every new amp is typically based on a previous design, modded in some way, it makes sense. Slightly off-topic.. Everyone's got their tones, but it would be interesting to come up with at least one MTS community mod.

Latest posts