adding a second brightness type switch at sw2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has added a switch at SW2 since it;s connected to C14 & C15.

I don;t read schematics and have done very little modding but I notice this space here and wondered what it might effect......

I haven't done anything with sw2 yet but looking at the schematic you can do several things here.

You could have a selective treble cap. for instance if you put a 500pf in c14 and another 500pf in c15, and jumpered r32 this would give you 250pf, and 500pf treble cap options. It works because 500pf + 500pf in series = 250pf, flip the switch and it bypasses c15 leaving only one 500pf c14 in the circuit.

You could also configure it as a fixed presence switch. put a 0.0033uf in c18 and a 50k - 100k in r35, and leave r32 empty

You could also make it a tonestack bypass

withmittens said:
Wondering if anyone has added a switch at SW2 since it;s connected to C14 & C15.

I don;t read schematics and have done very little modding but I notice this space here and wondered what it might effect......

Interesting, thanks again CrazyNuts

The treble cap mod, both 500 and 250 would be boosts in treble and not cuts?

what would be the best way to add a bass boost?