Faceplate DIY

For you Bob Villa types that modify modules

Moderator: Jaded Faith

lightwoheat
RM20

Faceplate DIY

Post by lightwoheat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Any suggestions or steps to follow for creating a custom faceplate?
Info will be greatly appreciated.

Capt_Tippy
RM100

Post by Capt_Tippy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:05 am

You can create a template with something like photoshop. Make sure your measurements are accurate and leave a few mm extra on the sides and top.
Moral of the story, buy extra tubes, and don't pay up charges. Good luck, cause tube buying is a crap shoot.

You're correct. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm not even sure why I bothered to say anything in the 1st place.

lightwoheat
RM20

Post by lightwoheat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 am

So after I create the specification using photoshop or other drawing based application. What are the next steps. Do I need to have someone make the metal piece based on the specs? How do you get the colors on it do you have a printing company make a label that you paste on? looking for details/suggestions.

Capt_Tippy
RM100

Post by Capt_Tippy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:26 pm

There are lots of dif ways to get it done. Some cheap and some very expensive. The cheapest/easiest way (and it also looks like this is how Rob used to make a lot of his older faceplates) is to have it printed at a sign makers shop, and then just peel and stick over the existing faceplate. Newer faceplates are lazer'd on the metal. You're gonna have a hard time finding anyone that can do that for you though.
Moral of the story, buy extra tubes, and don't pay up charges. Good luck, cause tube buying is a crap shoot.

You're correct. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm not even sure why I bothered to say anything in the 1st place.

germanium
RM20

Post by germanium » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:44 pm

It would be nice that Synergy had more personality for each module. I appreciate that they have a clean line and all, but, life is short, having a little more color in your mods is always good. I mean, to me at least, it sets me to the proper vive of the mod...just sayin'

withmittens
Lynch Box

Post by withmittens » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:14 am

https://www.frontpanelexpress.com/

I've been looking at this for some things.
RM22, RM4
CrazyNuts' Dirty Sanchez, DuoPlex, Selma, Supra, Twinface, Evil Kitty, CC30, XTC
SG, LP Std., Strat, TELE