Foglifter+

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lespauled

Staff member
Reaction score
I know I'm late to the game, but Is the Foglifter+ a good addition to an RM100?

I did the DIY foglifter upgrade and it’s a big improvement. If I was in the US I wouldn’t hesitate sending my RM100 to Rob for the Foglifter+ (among other things).

I guess I should have answered this thread a while ago. I brought the amp to Rob, and then realized how great he is. Incredibly nice. Very responsive to emails, etc. He installed it into my RM100. The Foglifter+ is fantastic, and also gives you the NFB, for even more tonal options.

I also have had a good experience with Rob (Jaded faith). But to be frank, there isnt alot of Us MTS people to support his business (I feel) so...IF you were going to have him work on your gear...do it now before he moves onto to something that can pay his bills.
He's a good ,talented and honest guy,imho, We don't meet people like this everyday.
GtrGeorge

I did the DIY foglifter upgrade and it’s a big improvement. If I was in the US I wouldn’t hesitate sending my RM100 to Rob for the Foglifter+ (among other things).
How did the DIY upgrade look like? I`m outside of the US too and was thinking about the Foglifter+ for my RM100

If you’re ok with de-soldering then the basic Foglifter is easy (as soldering is easier than de-soldering).

But the Foglifter+ is a service that Rob offers and players have only said great things about it (and Rob in general for that matter).

There is no step-by-step DIY process on this that I have seen, but if you understand negative feedback and study the circuit then you could design the changes yourself. I am gaining the knowledge to do it but, as mentioned before, if I could cheaply send my amp to the USA and back I would rather Rob did it!

It’s too bad he is not doing Synergy mods. Salvation said he can do them, but I am not shipping a Syn module that far for a mod.