Moderator: Jaded Faith

VitaminG
Lynch Box

Post by VitaminG » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 pm

let's hear it for grundlage & clipping!

Hamner1
Lynch Box

Post by Hamner1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:13 am

Man I haven't been in this thread a couple if days & suprised it went the direction it did. With that I will defend Rob in that I have never seen him post or request others bash another modder... I wish I could say the same applied to some of the other modders. What I have noticed is that it always seems to be the Salvo or anti-JF people seeing a slight toward a different modder & then insinuating evil intentions from Rob.
As far as the references to the behind the scenes BS, I don't know what that is supposed to be about. My opinion is it is a bunch of hearsay & conspiracy BS.

Now I think it is time for some clips. :lol:
Non-MTS stuff for sale.

Good deals with: warlock, sickpunk, marinebassplayer, Rising Farce, durchgedreht, mattfig, & others.

lintycreep
RM100

Post by lintycreep » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:28 pm

What amazes me is that these comments keep coming. All that needed to be said was written long ago and the piling on is unnecessary. I wish for the sake of the forum, we could all move on to what matters, our love for all thing MTS. Just my two cents.
SM: Masholdano, Baseman, Camerock,
SG: Fisch
Stock duels: COD

rblyn
Lynch Box

Post by rblyn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Mattfig wrote: Good points and again, we're coming to kick ass?.No questions asked?It is all that and more in the product we have?.Nothing compares.

I havent posted much on here lately...been very happy with my stable of mods but some of the new mods have caught my attention. Interesting thread (seen similar ones on here so many times now) but what really caught my attention THIS TIME was Matt's statement here....Lots of confidence-bravado-suspense....Cant wait to hear what this "be all/end all" product is! Please release this "greatness" it to the masses! I know its super top secret- Is it MTS related?
RM100/GT KT88's/Winged C EL34's x 2
RM20CP
Randall XL 4x12 x2/Boss GT10
"only the best" mods!

JD
RM100

Post by JD » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:29 pm

rblyn wrote:
Mattfig wrote: Good points and again, we're coming to kick ass?.No questions asked?It is all that and more in the product we have?.Nothing compares.

I havent posted much on here lately...been very happy with my stable of mods but some of the new mods have caught my attention. Interesting thread (seen similar ones on here so many times now) but what really caught my attention THIS TIME was Matt's statement here....Lots of confidence-bravado-suspense....Cant wait to hear what this "be all/end all" product is! Please release this "greatness" it to the masses! I know its super top secret- Is it MTS related?
The wheel has been re-invented! It's going to blow your mind! :)
RM100/RM100KH
Stock- Blackface/SL+/Mr. Scary/KH-3
Jaded Faith -Super Clean/1959RR/OD Special/SL- OD100
Sacred Groove -MK22/The Bully

Kapo_Polenton
Lynch Box

Post by Kapo_Polenton » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Why does it take so long to announce?

Never have been good at waiting for anything .. let's hear it Fig!

Jaymzrock
RM100

Post by Jaymzrock » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:49 am

Totally man, don't Chinese Democracy your fellow moddies!
www.facebook.com/pardonthescars
reverbnation.com/pardonthescars

Kapo_Polenton
Lynch Box

Post by Kapo_Polenton » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:30 am

Jaymzrock wrote:Totally man, don't Chinese Democracy your fellow moddies!
lol, that was classic..

Mike P
Lynch Box

Post by Mike P » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:33 pm

I'll never understand where this notion that George Lynch used a Soldano on Wicked Sensation came from. He used Aspen Pittman's 1971 purple Plexi with a Boss SD-1 on nearly every track and used a JC120 for cleans. There was a Soldano in the studio but it wasn't used on the record, from what I've been told.

I confirmed this with George himself back in 1990 when I met him while he was on tour. The amp is also featured in his Star Licks video with Max Norman and is clearly visible.

I think Rob perfectly emulated the SLO-100, including its notoriously slow response. I've always preferred Bogner's and Marshall's because of their faster response. The Soldano's have never felt "right" for me. Great tone, wrong feel.

FWIW, George used a Bogner Fish for the majority of the second Lynch Mob record.

scary groove
RM100

Post by scary groove » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:10 pm

FWIW, George used a Bogner Fish for the majority of the second Lynch Mob record.
According to George's website posts that he and his longtime friend/guitar tech Gerry G put together regarding the 1992 Lynch Mob second record "Lynch Mob":

"I bought two 50-watt Marshall plexi's in Japan six months earlier. When they got delivered, they sounded great. That's what on the record. I didn't use anything but the plexi Marshalls and a Soldano, which are the obvious things to use."

No mention of a Fisch here. But that's not to say it didn't happen
Lynch Box 50W
Lynch Box 100W
Lynch Box 50W combo (for sale)
JF: 59RR Platinum, Tweed, GrailTone, Vybe Deluxe, Venom, Brahma 39
Salvation: Camerock, Slavado Deluxe
Sacred Groove: Afterlife, MKII
Stock: Mr. Scary, Grail, Brahma, Judge

Mike P
Lynch Box

Post by Mike P » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:14 pm

scary groove wrote:
According to George's website posts that he and his longtime friend/guitar tech Gerry G put together regarding the 1992 Lynch Mob second record "Lynch Mob":

"I bought two 50-watt Marshall plexi's in Japan six months earlier. When they got delivered, they sounded great. That's what on the record. I didn't use anything but the plexi Marshalls and a Soldano, which are the obvious things to use."

No mention of a Fisch here. But that's not to say it didn't happen
I ran into George at the old Makin' Music in North Hollywood back in June 1992, along with his guitar tech at the time (I can't remember his name: He was of Mexican/Native American descent). They both told me he used the Fish, although he really wanted to use an Ecstasy, but Reinhold didn't have any built in time for the record.

When I saw him on tour, they invited me back stage where he had a pair blue Fish with black knobs in his rack, along with VHT power amps.

I don't know why he's always changing his stories because in the end, he always ends up sounding essentially the same.

Kapo_Polenton
Lynch Box

Post by Kapo_Polenton » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:41 pm

So the question is, is he using Soldano's abd Friedmans now or is that also smoke and mirrors? We know the second generation lynch mob heads aren't making a sound.. wonder what else he's got hidden away under some blanket.

Mike P
Lynch Box

Post by Mike P » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Kapo_Polenton wrote:So the question is, is he using Soldano's abd Friedmans now or is that also smoke and mirrors? We know the second generation lynch mob heads aren't making a sound.. wonder what else he's got hidden away under some blanket.
Who knows? I saw him at the Key Club in Lynch Mob (with Robert Mason) back in 2003 and he was using Uberschall's the entire night. IMO, regardless of what he uses, his core tone is always the same.

IMO, his best recorded guitar sound was Wicked Sensation but I chalk that up to Max Norman, not the gear used. I didn't care for the dark, over-compressed sound of Lynch Mob and Revolution was pretty awful (and often, out of tune).

Smoke and Mirrors
was much better but not great. The Stone Mountain Sessions guitars are pretty cool, IMO, albeit a little cleaner than normal. The new KXM is classic Lynch tone, but again, a little cleaner than in the past but certainly his best recorded tone, IMO, in more than two decades.

I credit the engineers/producers that captured his tone, not the gear he used, for the differences.

Some guys are just better at recording guitars than others.

The Rossness
Lynch Box

Post by The Rossness » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:24 pm

I feel like he uses dark amps to match his bright guitars.
Good Deals- Just ask around

2 RM100's with Salvo Stonerverb, Cammerock, and MarkUS, Ultra XL EVH 5153, TC Electronic BG250, Kemper

WTB: Salvation Terrier

Mike P
Lynch Box

Post by Mike P » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:28 pm

The Rossness wrote:I feel like he uses dark amps to match his bright guitars.
Having seen him in clubs numerous times, I've never thought his sound was "dark". It's definitely on the brighter side live these days, though not nearly as much as in Dokken.