syn-1 -rocktron Prophesy to 2/50/2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mblockey

Reaction score
I just purchased the syn-1 with the Fryette Deliverence. It is on the way. For playing live does anyone know the preferred method of connecting the syn-1 to My Rocktron Prophesy(mainly for a few effects on some songs) and into my VHT 2/50/2 out to a marshall cab. It seems there are several methods but I want to get the most of the tubes that I can.

If you go into the input of the Prophecy, you'll benefit from the "pre-effects" (wha, compressor, hush), if you go into the "effects return" of the Prophecy you won't be able to use them.
Since the Prophecy has an input level and the SYN1 has control over the signal level of its effects loop probably your best option would be:

Guitar to SYN1 input
SYN1 effects send to Prophecy input (disable the Prophesy preamp section)
Prophecy output to SYN1 effects return
SYN1 out to 2/50/2 input

If the signal is too hot coming into the input of the Prophecy, then you'll need to go into the "effects return" of the Prophecy.

Thanks. That helps a ton. There is an input on the back of the prophesy that seems to have a much lower signal. Cant really plug your guitar into it. That might be a good route too. THanks again.