SYN-2 4CM with modelers

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3l84r70

Reaction score
I was wondering which inputs/outputs should be used when using the SYN-2 using 4 Cable Method and modelers such as a Helix or Fractal FX? The manual is not clear on this, and the closest setup would be "CONNECTING SYN-2 TO YOUR HEAD OR COMBO", which I don't think is correct either?

What is the difference between the "FROM AMP FX SEND" and "TO AMP FX RETURN" input/outputs compared to the Inst in/Main Outputs? Both my modelers are sending Unity gain on the FX loop.

My current setup would be

Guitar > Modeler in
Modeler FX out > some Syn2 input
some Syn-2 Out > Modeler FX return
Modeler L/R outs > FOH/Audio Interface

Ok , kind of answering my own question

The FX SEND JACK and TO EFFECTS RETURN send the signal without Master volume, at what I can assume is unity gain.

So I have it setup like this

Guitar > Modeler in
Modeler FX out > Syn2 input (this is actually coming from a Voodoo Labs GCX)
Syn-2 Out FX Send > Modeler FX return
Modeler L/R outs > FOH/Audio Interface

I've just got a SYN-2 and connected 4cm with my HX effects and it sounds great. First I used a Fryette powerstation 2 and then i used Seymour duncan powerstage 700 ( In Stereo ) to two 212 cabs. I'm wondering why there is a L and R effects return jacks, but only one send jack. I'm guessing it's to daisy chain to another SYN-2? Or a configuration for stereo?

You mentioned u had hooked up stereo to a couple 2x12 are u getting true stereo out of your hx ..I just got an hx I have set up 4CM but without a second input how can it be true stereo …the two returns are for a stereo hook up but I can’t figure it out

Ghierro- what is your signal chain? From there I can help you figure out how to hook up or set up effects in HXFX.