New modular systems?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarzan

Reaction score
Bruce posted this on RigTalk yesterday! Any more details on the modular stuff Bruce? :)

The three pedals are shipping now. Rebel 20 and 30 are shipping now. TOL60 will be finalized for NAMM. Detroit models on hold until sometime next year. The new modular line, named Synergy, will be unveiled at NAMM and should be shipping by March. More on that later.
Other stuff "in the works" but not ready to talk about.

Amp class in Detroit on Nov 8/9, 2014.
Other "non-building" classes being planned for the future but not confirmed yet.
Kit version of the amp class models being worked on right now. Probably cost around $1K complete with cabinet. Planning a pilot batch of 10 on a first come, first serve basis. Once confirmed, we will produce as a "standard" kit.

Email me at [email protected] if anyone wants to talk about anything.

What about a MOD20 with a great clean channel build it? You change the other channel? Just an idea we a toying with.

bruce egnater said:
What about a MOD20 with a great clean channel build it? You change the other channel? Just an idea we a toying with.

It's a cool idea and might garner some interest, but honestly it wouldn't interest me. At this point I have three MOD50s (two heads, one combo), a MOD100 and a couple modules here and there :lol: , but I've always wanted a 50 watt modular amp with four dual channel slots. That would be ideal for me, but I can understand that you're trying to sell more than one amp to me. :D

bruce egnater said:

I think it's a great idea because I generally only use one great clean sound and it?s the gain channels that I tend to swap. I think that's the case for many other MTS users as well. Even better if the module is dual channel! You'd have a killer small 3 channel amp.
8)

edit: Drew's suggestion "50 watt modular amp with four dual channel slots" would be a hit as well.

bruce egnater said:
Yes, the new modular stuff will be "backwards compatible" with all the old Randall and Egnater models.

This is GREAT news!!! Glad to hear the line is coming back into production.

I'm still hoping for the power section of a rebel 20 with 2 module bays for preamps!

E2 dual channel is still on my bucket list! I've been relatively good this year Santa. :)

guitarzan said:
E2 dual channel is still on my bucket list! I've been relatively good this year Santa. :)

This is from Rig Talk:
bruce egnater said:
E1, E2 and many new modules early next year. Prototype testing going on right now. I really wanted Detroit Series to get done but the one's in control have pushed it back.

So what's the deal with the E2? Is the only difference between it and a M4 the number of slots?

lintycreep said:
So what's the deal with the E2? Is the only difference between it and a M4 the number of slots?

If the concept is the same as when it was first talked about, it has an audio switching system built in that will allow you to toggle between its preamp and the preamp of the host amp it?s connected to.

It would be comparable to using an audio switcher like a GCX, RJM Effects Gizmo or Switchblade to toggle between the preamp section of an amp and an M4 using the amps serial loop and returning to the amps power section via serial loop return.

The E2 would make wiring up this configuration much easier by simply plugging the guitar into the E2 and connecting the ?To amp?, ?From Send? and ?To Return? jacks. The switching is controlled via midi so if you are using it with a midi amp like a RM100, MOD50, etc., you would just chain the midi connections and all your channels are one pedal click away.

Effects could still be inserted after the E2 and before the amps loop return or the parallel loop.

This would be one of the biggest innovations in guitar gear ever and would introduce many non MTS amp users to modular with the enticement of having the amp they love and adding any flavor of MTS as a couple seamlessly integrated channels!

JayDA said:
I have to throw in my lot with DrewIV....four channels...50 watts...yes please.

This would totally rock. Could we also have a head cabinet choice, such as a regular head cabinet & a one with a 1U rack slot built in?