My faith is COMPLETELY restored!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomidijace

Reaction score
I just got back from the Amp Show. Avi showed me everything they had. E1, E2, power amp and preamps. Everything I played sounded incredible! I also brought a pair of my own modules. They sounded better than ever and worked perfectly with the new hardware. I think we're all going to be VERY happy with the new Synergy products! My faith is COMPLETELY restored. :shock:

Always happy to report.
I brought my JF Twox and SG MK22.
Most of my play time was with the Bman and Friedman BE.
The Bman had PLENTY of headroom and could be very clean.
It certainly sounded as good as my Twox.
The BE was crazy good! It obviously has more gain
than the MK22, but quality wise they were in the same caliber.
The SLO was also insane!

audiomidijace said:
I just got back from the Amp Show. Avi showed me everything they had. E1, E2, power amp and preamps. Everything I played sounded incredible! I also brought a pair of my own modules. They sounded better than ever and worked perfectly with the new hardware. I think we're all going to be VERY happy with the new Synergy products! My faith is COMPLETELY restored. :shock:

You played the E2 through the new power amp or in a loop? \m/

JKD said:
audiomidijace said:

You played the E2 through the new power amp or in a loop? \m/

I played the E2 through the new power amp and the E1 through Friedman amp.

I just watched a vid from the Friedman booth and I saw the modules sitting there. Looked like one was loaded up in the E1!

Jace, looks like the E1 was hooked up to the Smallbox... were you able to play the BE through it and compare it to the Smallbox's BE channel? I believe that it's voiced slightly differently...

Also how would you compare the E1 thru the Friedman vs the modules through the power amp. Did you like one better than the other?

lintycreep said:
Jace, looks like the E1 was hooked up to the Smallbox... were you able to play the BE through it and compare it to the Smallbox's BE channel? I believe that it's voiced slightly differently...

Also how would you compare the E1 thru the Friedman vs the modules through the power amp. Did you like one better than the other?

I wasn't really trying to make comparisons at the time. There was a lot of switching back and forth between E1 and E2. Best I can say is that everything I played sounded fantastic! Sorry I can't be more specific.

No prob Jace, I appreciate you sharing. Can't wait to hear the official announcement and modules that will be available!

It was a pleasure meeting so many of you at the LA Amp Show.

For branding reasons the E1 will be called SYN1, E2 will be SYN2 and power amp will be SYN5050. Heads will be SYN20 and SYN50. Final logo coming soon as well.

We are SO happy everyone that heard the hardware and pre-amps were impressed. At launch everything will be dialed in so much more than where we are now and everyone on the engineering is jazzed.

Among many other tweaks, one thing we can reveal is upgrading the new premaps to use Synergy caps - we got the worldwide exclusive distribution of the "mustard" caps you know as Sozo NexGen (named for description purposes only). We have no affiliation to the Sozo company what so ever.

Thank you everyone for their patience on this. We are going as fast as we can to get this 100% ready before release.

I suppose I could do some testing as well. Looking forward to seeing what these are capable of.

So all of our old mods will be usable? HOt ****! Rumors of MTS' death have been greatly exaggerated?

I hope there will be a few high quality low gain/clean(ish) modules in the line. I am also liking the fact that so far nearly all committed brands are NOT currently offered by the major modders such as JF and Salvation.

Absintheur said:
Must be this video:
First picture I have seen of the E1. Seems small, but with some depth. Any idea about actual measurements?

Was that the Friedman module going into power section of a Friedman amp? Sounds very badass and much more detailed and clear than the current MTS stuff. This is a winner if this is the case. All I need is SYN1 really. Some great features there. I would be all over a Friedman module and a Soldano module.

I believe this video is of the Friedman amps... Dave mentioned which ones on Rig Talk, but I'm too lazy to go find it.

Can someone explain what the SAG knob will do on the SYN1.

Can someone explain what the SAG knob will do on the SYN1.

It simulates voltage sag (voltage drop) that an amp can experience under certain conditions. Supposedly a key sound behind the EVH/Brown tone with vintage marshalls. That's a quick explanation, research amp sag, a tech could explain it better.

As I understand it, that feature is geared more toward using the direct outs for recording.