A few questions about the HBE and TDLX modules....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBubba

Reaction score
Has anyone had the chance to compare the HBE and TDLX preamp models to their full amp counterparts? How close are they to the real deal?

I get that the TDLX offers two distinct blackface style preamp circuits but what does the HBE offer on the second channel?

Is the BMAN module better for classic fender clean tones or should I stick with the TDLX?

Haven't played/heard the modules but in terms of actual Fenders, the Tweed amps have more sag and mid hump than the Blackface ones. The typical "Fender clean" you're thinking about are probably Blackface.

I'm curious to know how the T/D compares to the old T/D. I read somewhere on here that some thought the deluxe channel of the old T/D did not sound as good as the D/D. I wonder if that is true with the Snyergy version or if the fact that it has two true dual channels and with separate EQs, makes each channel more authentic compared to the original version.