SLO Gain Knobs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rising Farce

Reaction score
My SLO arrived yesterday, and while it works fine and sounds great, both of the gain knobs are quite stiff and notchy. My guess is that they're designed this way, but I don't want to make an incorrect assumption.

For those of you who own an SLO, has this been your experience as well?

My SLO gain knobs are smooth. Maybe reach out to Synergy?

Rising Farce said:
My SLO arrived yesterday, and while it works fine and sounds great, both of the gain knobs are quite stiff and notchy. My guess is that they're designed this way, but I don't want to make an incorrect assumption.

Mine are smooth....but make sure the knobs are not pushed on too far and binding on the nut at the back....might also be worth checking the nut is not over-tightened....but only after you check with Synergy.

other than that notchy pots can indicate damage but you would probably hear noise and not smooth increase in gain during turning the pot too.

JKD said:
Rising Farce said:

Mine are smooth....but make sure they are not pushed on too far and binding on the nut at the back....might also be worth checking the but is not over-tightened....but only after you check with Synergy.

other than that notchy pots can indicate damage but you would probably hear noise and not smooth increase in gain during turning the pot too.

I just sent them an e-mail. They've been good about responding quickly thus far, so I hope to hear something by day's end. I'll keep you posted.

Steve (Elowe) from Synergy responded to my query in typically rapid fashion and opined that it might be a nut-tightening issue. The shop is closed until Monday, but he's going to get back to me then with the tech's recommendation. Hopefully it's something I can sort out myself, as I'd hate to have to send the module back for an exchange.

Rising Farce said:
Steve (Elowe) from Synergy responded to my query in typically rapid fashion and opined that it might be a nut-tightening issue. The shop is closed until Monday, but he's going to get back to me then with the tech's recommendation. Hopefully it's something I can sort out myself, as I'd hate to have to send the module back for an exchange.

Their support is very rapid, Steve especially. :)

FYI, this turned out to be a super-easy fix: Remove the knobs in question, then reinstall them without forcing them down too far on the pot shaft(s). Apparently the production folks "over install" them on occasion, which causes the issue.

Rising Farce said:
FYI, this turned out to be a super-easy fix: Remove the knobs in question, then reinstall them without forcing them down too far on the pot shaft(s). Apparently the production folks "over install" them on occasion, which causes the issue.

Maybe they share a production facility with Talenti. :lol:

"We recently got a new lid-capping machine that’s a bit too strong and hard to control. We know that tight lids are a concern for our consumers and we’ve fixed the machine so it won’t over-tighten going forward, unfortunately there may still be some tight lids in the market."

DJQC4FwXUAAKWlH.jpg

My SLO is smooth, the metroplex is as you described, the knobs on the left are smooth, everything from mid to the right is tight and notchy.

Will try your suggestion

Mine are pretty stiff but I kind of like them that way. It's part of my live rig, so for me it's much less worry when I uncap the rack and don't have to worry too much about having to recheck and adjust all my settings.