Synergy mods gain list

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
Have I got this correct?

TDLX
BMAN
MORGAN AC
METROPOULOS METROPLEX
PLEXI
FRIEDMAN DS
FRIEDMAN BE
FRIEDMAN HBE
SOLDANO SLO
DIEZEL VH4

Dave said on tone talk that with the plexi module you could get more of a van halen tone, so i would imagine it has more gain than the metroplex

I don’t have a dirty Shirley, but I’d didn’t realize it has more gain than the 800.

I do have a plexi, metro, HBE, 800, vh4, slo, ac, and tdlx.

From the ones I have, the order looks correct to me. The metro does have more gain than the plexi.

I could see how it was said the plexi has more of a Van Halen tone if you consider the older 1978 brown sound “the” Van Halen tone. The plexi is more of a that sound.

It’s sort of hard for me to put in words, but side by side the difference can be heard, if one had both.

That's funny as I originally had the DS above the 800 on the list, but changed it last minute based on a guess. It may well be the other way round!

Update: Relistened to the clips of both DS and 800 mods and the 800 definitely has more gain. Also, the Plexi appears to have more gain than the Metroplex. List updated!

buriedorburned said:
That's funny as I originally had the DS above the 800 on the list, but changed it last minute based on a guess. It may well be the other way round!

Update: Relistened to the clips of both DS and 800 mods and the 800 definitely has more gain. Also, the Plexi appears to have more gain than the Metroplex. List updated!

I can't see needing more gain than the SLO, especially the red channel.

gaboocho said:
buriedorburned said:

I can't see needing more gain than the SLO, especially the red channel.

Maybe not "more" gain, but i'd like something more modern as an option...like a Victory Kraken type of sound (maybe the Engl will deliver there, or the upcoming Kraken pedal if not :))

Can someone post a similar Syn list but for cleans?

I want the cleanest module that's not fendery.

I keep watching the Morgan ACs go on Reverb, but from what you guys are saying the DS might be cleaner?

Mattallica said:
Can someone post a similar Syn list but for cleans?

I want the cleanest module that's not fendery.

I keep watching the Morgan ACs go on Reverb, but from what you guys are saying the DS might be cleaner?

You can can a nice clean tone with the DS for sure but the Bman is amazing, big, round clean on A and my favorite edge of breakup on B. Not the scooped mids of a Fender at all.

I found the Morgan AC to be very much NOT clean. I was hoping for a clean shimmery non-Fender tone on channel A, but the best I could get was edge of breakup at all but the very lowest of gains.

Haven't tried the BMan or the DS, but I've read they have very nice non-TDLX type cleans on their A channels.

Thanks fellas, you've saved me a lot of disappointment there!

I'll keep an eye out for a second hand Bman then. I haven't seen one on Reverb yet, so they must be worth holding on to.

In comparison there have been a lot of ACs for sale. People must be in the same boat as myself, thinking that they're getting the whole clean pedal platform thing. I'm just after cleans mind, nothing for pedal use.

I'm having to buy second hand to keep the costs down. The duty and tax i have to pay put the prices back up above retail.

You might want to wait for the BB/BE Module. I think the BB channel is cleaner than the BMAN.

I'm itching to get this setup underway. Who knows how long the wait will be for the new modules... also won't the OS be the cleanest of them all?

I already have a BE so i'm not leaning towards the BB/BE for the sake of diversity. I really do like the BE however...

I played the BB/BE and the OS for a good while at the Synergy booth at Summer NAMM.

Went in there totally sold on the Friedman as I had been for months. Walked out underwhelmed by it, and to my surprise I was totally blown away by the OS. Might actually be the best Synergy module I’ve ever heard, to be honest. The cleans were jaw droppingly good.

Did they give you an actual ETA on the release date? as opposed to what they've posted on FB?

" I was totally blown away by the OS. Might actually be the best Synergy module I’ve ever heard, to be honest. The cleans were jaw droppingly good."

Have you ever played a dumble type amp before? Like a Fuchs or Sabago, if so how did they compare?

tnjazz said:
I played the BB/BE and the OS for a good while at the Synergy booth at Summer NAMM.

Went in there totally sold on the Friedman as I had been for months. Walked out underwhelmed by it, and to my surprise I was totally blown away by the OS. Might actually be the best Synergy module I’ve ever heard, to be honest. The cleans were jaw droppingly good.

This will be disappointing...the HBE seems to be the least liked module (and most resales), the BE sounded descent but similar to other ones, i was really hoping the BB/BE would be the one to get. I've wanted to save up for a real BE50, but that may be a lifetime away.

Mackid said:
" I was totally blown away by the OS. Might actually be the best Synergy module I’ve ever heard, to be honest. The cleans were jaw droppingly good."

Have you ever played a dumble type amp before? Like a Fuchs or Sabago, if so how did they compare?

I'm hoping it at least competes with Kingsley's Maiden/Page pedal combo's, as they cost more and have a year waitlist.

Updated list for 2021:

TDLX
OS
BMAN
MORGAN AC
METROPOULOS METROPLEX
PLEXI
FRIEDMAN DS
FRIEDMAN BE
FRIEDMAN BEBB
FRIEDMAN HBE
STEVE VAI SIGNATURE