M4 Replacement Midi Board?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarzan

Reaction score
My M4's midi board just bought the farm. I've checked cables and multiple foot switches. It's as dead as Trump's hair. Anyone have a spare or know if the new dual module conversion boards will work?

Hi Brian,
if it is a dual channel M4 my boards will likely not fit.
Maybe you can fix it yourself with a little help. Can you still access channels with the front pannel knob?

Thanks for the reply Galao. Yes, the button on the front will still switch the channels. I just can't use the button to save the channel or use Midi to change the channels.

Well, I think I'm outta luck. I opened the M4 and the midi ports are mounted on a circuit board with the power supply and other stuff. Unless there's a chip that can be flashed. I emailed you the pic just in case. Thanks![/img]

I seem to remember there being a fuse on the midi board (or section on the main board)? I had blown that fuse before plugging in my midi controller after the amp was already turned on.

MarcoR said:
I seem to remember there being a fuse on the midi board (or section on the main board)? I had blown that fuse before plugging in my midi controller after the amp was already turned on.

Exactly! In the M4 there are several fuses, one of them is installed for the midi card. We need to check them all.

And a fuse it was! I did a shitty job checking them the 1st time. There was a blown fuse and replacing it did the trick. Thanks fellaz! Cheers :)