Will any new Synergy modules come out this month?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuxxtoneBoy

Reaction score
Wonder how long it will take for these modules to come out. We are 2 months away from NAMM 2019 and nothing from what was announced at NAMM 2018 is out in the market. I cannot understand Synergy’s time to market strategy.

LuxxtoneBoy said:
Wonder how long it will take for these modules to come out. We are 2 months away from NAMM 2019 and nothing from what was announced at NAMM 2018 is out in the market. I cannot understand Synergy’s time to market strategy.

This is all heresay, but I read a post (Rig Talk, I think) from someone who said his Sweetwater rep told him the Engl Savage modules would start shipping on Nov 15. I'm hopeful but not terribly optimistic that the BE-BB and ODS modules will be part of that.

I don't understand their time-to-market either. I get that there are multiple uncontrollable variables involved when working with the original builders to finalize the designs, but they seem to have production bottlenecks after that. Not just with new products, but filling back orders of existing products, and even going back to the initial launch. It's unfortunate. The gear and the tones are top-tier, and the time for modular may be better now than it was when MTS came out (especially with some original builders on board this time), but their time-to-market is a major obstacle to any potential momentum.

They said on their FB page the OS & BB/BE might drop around Black Friday..

What I find frustrating is the lack of communication. The facebook page ks updated every once in a while with meaningful information. Sometime back there was the announcement that an agreement was reached with Peavey for a module. At the rate things are going, I bet that one will come out in 2020.

I just got word from Sweetwater that the Engl module has been pushed back to mid-January--one year since it was announced at NAMM.

I do love the product, but this is getting silly.

Sweetwater gave me an ETA of Nov 16th for the BB/BE. I sincerly doubt it will be available by this Friday.

Rising Farce said:
I just got word from Sweetwater that the Engl module has been pushed back to mid-January--one year since it was announced at NAMM.

I do love the product, but this is getting silly.

Yeah, it's getting a bit ridiculous. Especially if you're handing the module out to every reviewer you can while pushing the date back and not providing info as to why.

I had a dealer who was going to sell me one module at cost to make up for some hassle when I got my SYN1, I told him I'd take him up on it when the ENGL module dropped, which was supposed to be any day...back in March! By the time they actually release the module the dude won't even know who I am anymore. :roll:

iekobrid said:
One year is considered a long product delay now? Oh to be that young again... :wink:

I think it's more that they announced they'd finalized designs for the BE-BB, ODS, and Savage and would be shipping product in 90-120 days...10 months ago. Not just that, but they seemed to have delays filling backorders of the products that have been around since launch, which itself was delayed.

They own the IP which they apparently(?) won't license out to other builders, but also can't produce modules from their own completed designs. They're strangling themselves. It is a great product, and they've done a great job with the modules I've played, but their consistent inability to meet their own timelines is becoming a joke.

I was poking fun at the way Egnater / Randall was known for loooong MTS related delays towards the end. "It will be out by NAMM... okay, next NAMM... okay, next NAMM... " Years would go by with no sign of announced products. For users who have been around since those days, Synergy being 10-12 months behind is practically cause for optimism. :)

It really is a shame. Such a great product. I really want a smaller, modular setup without going to modelling. Synergy seems like the one all-tube platform that'll give me the flexibility I'm looking for. Even the modules that aren't quite what I'm looking for sound great. And working with the original builders? It'd be an exciting product if they could actually get stuff to market.