Syn5050 bias inside?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henk-Jan

Reaction score
I saw somewhere a picture of the inside of the Syn5050 poweramp.
I couldn't see bias adjustement pots/trims.
Does the Syn5050 have bias adjustments inside?

Bumping an old thread to see if anyone has any additional information if the Syn 5050's bias can be adjusted. I opened mine, looked around inside, but did not see any trim pots.

Anyone?

I have never seen one. However, it was designed by Steve Fryette and I have repaired and serviced lots of his amps. His bias pots tend to be a small hole about 1/10 of an inch with the bias trim pot mounted under the PCB on most of his amps. I could imaging the Synergy power amp being the same, as we designers always have a personal style that you can predict if you know what you are looking for. Hope that helps.

You are welcome. I can't tell you how many times I had to hunt for the hole to bias one of Steve's amps. Easy to miss for sure.

To close the loop on this topic...

The Syn5050 is non-adjustable fixed bias. There are no bias pots inside the amp. After I couldn't find any bias pots inside the amp I reached out to Bruce Egnater and he confirmed for me Steve Fryette's Syn5050 design is non-adjustable fixed bias.

As starter of the topic I did buy the amp (and returned it)
I did have the VHT 2:50:2, VHT 2:90:2 and allmost all Mesa/Boogie poweramps in the past.
The Syn5050 didn't come close to my ears... I was very surprised it wasn't any better... sorry.