What are you using to eliminate hum/noise form your Syn rig?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuxxtoneBoy

Reaction score
I’m getting some hum out of my Synergy rig (Syn 50/50 and 2 Syn 2’s) and would like to add a noise gate/noise suppresor to the rig. What are you guys using with your rigs?

LuxxtoneBoy said:
I’m getting some hum out of my Synergy rig (Syn 50/50 and 2 Syn 2’s) and would like to add a noise gate/noise suppresor to the rig. What are you guys using with your rigs?

Fortin Zuul - easily the best noise gate that I've ever used, better even than rack mount stuff.

Not cheap though!

I use my FX8 front noise gate set between 50 and 60 depending on the guitar, and a gate block in the loop for drive channels (gate off for clean channels)

You should not be using a Gate to bury the noise before getting rid of as much noise as possible via grounding and protection from electrical interference.

I use a fairly pricey Furman Power Conditioner and a Radial SB-6 Isolator to cure most of the problems and then a gate between the Preamp and Power Amp.

I own a TC Electronic Sentry, a Fractal Fx8 and a Fortin Noise Gate.
The Fortin gate using the key input is by far the best Noise Gate I have used.

ISP Decimator Pedal...it rules, though I have to say there's less hum/noise with Synergy than with my Randall stuff.

4-cable'd with a helix rack. Gated on the input stage, then on the back end too if need be. then all the FX I could ever want as well. :D

It's the first pedal in the loop before the reverb and delay, I am also using the key input in front of my SYN50 with a boss tuner. What sold me was the Ola Englund video, it's worth the $$$