Vai and synergy

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched that- way cool.

I could go for a rig with Bassman, BB/BE, & Engl. But is so frustrating that the head with 30watts has no Depth, so I would go with the bigger head. But where is the BB/BE & Engl? And I'm likely to enjoy Salvation tones better anyway, how did they not get him onboard?

I'd go for the power amp rack but I prefer el34s.

Note that I am their exact target buyer, 40 something, loved mts 10 years ago, buy amps all the time, etc. But I keep hitting roadblocks that steer me away.

Ugggh.

Marshall reveals at NAMM and their products are available right away. Too many companies announce and then there is no product for 12+ months.

crankyrayhanky said:
I just watched that- way cool.

I could go for a rig with Bassman, BB/BE, & Engl. But is so frustrating that the head with 30watts has no Depth, so I would go with the bigger head. But where is the BB/BE & Engl? And I'm likely to enjoy Salvation tones better anyway, how did they not get him onboard?

I'd go for the power amp rack but I prefer el34s.

Note that I am their exact target buyer, 40 something, loved mts 10 years ago, buy amps all the time, etc. But I keep hitting roadblocks that steer me away.

Ugggh.

Marshall reveals at NAMM and their products are available right away. Too many companies announce and then there is no product for 12+ months.

Not to mention the other convenient features they took away from the heads, external bias points and multiple tube capability (compromise or not.)

That said, the Vai thing is cool...maybe a LEGACY module sometime but more excited by the following if they can get to market:

OS
BOGNER XTC / 20th
ENGL Savage

One of my friends is at NAMM, trying to get him to poke around the Synergy booth & ask about release dates for the new stuff (for what it's worth). There's another interview w/ Bruce & Peter Arends posted here that shows the new modules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8cMwQWx7Es

- another old MTS fart...

9985 said:
One of my friends is at NAMM, trying to get him to poke around the Synergy booth & ask about release dates for the new stuff (for what it's worth). There's another interview w/ Bruce & Peter Arends posted here that shows the new modules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8cMwQWx7Es

- another old MTS fart...

If they're all slated for this year, this will be the year that puts Synergy on the map. Rock and metal guys who aren't big on the modeling craze will have a reason to look seriously at the platform

I so want a Vai legacy branded mod (maybe in sea foam green...please). Hopefully it’s a long term thing with Vai and he’s not just passing through.

Vai's tone is normally pretty horrible and I love Synergy gear so I'm trying not to be put off it since he got involved.

Rob (Jaded Faith) built me a Legacy mod about 4 years ago. It was essentially the 3rd channel from Mr. Vai's set up. It was incredible, I ended up selling (GAS) to support another few mods, but when it was very cool and certainly different enough in the drive and feel that it was worth the money. Hopefully Synergy can incorporate a Legacy Mod as well.

Rob (Jaded Faith) built me a Legacy mod about 4 years ago. It was essentially the 3rd channel from Mr. Vai's set up. It was incredible, I ended up selling (GAS) to support another few mods, but when it was very cool and certainly different enough in the drive and feel that it was worth the money. Hopefully Synergy can incorporate a Legacy Mod as well.

L82theParty said:

Yeah, that would be awesome. Especially with Carvin/Kiesel no longer focusing on amps. It seems like a great collaboration.

werdna said:
Vai's tone is normally pretty horrible and I love Synergy gear so I'm trying not to be put off it since he got involved.

Wow! I have never heard that one! Which of Vai's many tones are you referring to?
At any rate, I have a Vai Legacy channel one clean mod from JF which is super cool I also have Antonin's Salvation Legend which is the 2nd and 3rd channel of the Legacy. It is also way cool.
I am learning that I like the single modules better than the dual ones. I kind of wish that SYNERGY would maybe do some singles. While clearly not as versatile, they just sound better.

Steve vai has great tone. When I saw him live on his generation axe tour he was using the synergy stuff and sounded amazing. I liked his tone better than zakk wyld or Nuno both using marshall, But malmsteen sounded great too but I don't recall what he was using most likely a Marshall as well. And tosin abasi was using axe fx which sounds great. Also i seen tosin abasi animals as leaders band mate Javier using a synergy head at another show i dunno what modules tho but also sounded phenomenal.

ricky said:
werdna said:

Wow! I have never heard that one! Which of Vai's many tones are you referring to?
At any rate, I have a Vai Legacy channel one clean mod from JF which is super cool I also have Antonin's Salvation Legend which is the 2nd and 3rd channel of the Legacy. It is also way cool.
I am learning that I like the single modules better than the dual ones. I kind of wish that SYNERGY would maybe do some singles. While clearly not as versatile, they just sound better.

Most of the synergy modules (so far) the channels are so similar and share eq i would prefer a 2 space rack, single modules for half the price (like the original M4). Maybe the new modules will show the power of the dual modules....waiting to see/hear.